Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 05:30 PM   #1
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all,

I have some questions that you may be able to answer for me.

The first is this:
I have a Paladin with a charisma bonus of +4. I read that I am supposed to get that +4 bonus added to my AC. Problem is that I do not see any bonus. Either that, or I just don't know where to look for it. Is there a bug or something I am missing?

The second deals with encumberance:
There are 3 levels of encumberance that I see. One is Green. One is Yellow. One is Red. I know that green is all good. I know that red is bad. What does yellow affect?

Do I incure any penalties for having the encumberance yellow? If so, what are they?

Than you for any info.

Have fun all, [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2004, 05:51 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

No, Paladins recieve CHA bonus to saving throws, not AC. Monks apply Wisdom bonus to AC. Far as I know there are no encumberance penalties except for the slowing after you carry more than you're allowed, and then you're unmoveable.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:17 PM   #3
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
No, Paladins recieve CHA bonus to saving throws, not AC. Monks apply Wisdom bonus to AC. Far as I know there are no encumberance penalties except for the slowing after you carry more than you're allowed, and then you're unmoveable.
Thanks for the info. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have discovered a typo in the strategy guide. Under Paladins, it reads: Paladins gain their char bonus to their armor class.

They are wrong. I hate typos! I new about the saving throws, I just thought that (after reading this guide) they got the bonus to their ac as well. They fooled me.

Thanks again!
Old 10-24-2004, 12:42 AM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

btw, there is no difference between the "colour" of the encumberance... the fact that it is turning yellow then red is only to remind you that you are running out of wieght. In fact AFAIR you get red before you get uncumbered and you do not get any penalties for that. i.e. You only get encumbered if you cross the limit; if youre below it you get no penalties no matter the colour. The penalty is only to movement.... doesnt affect attack per round or anything like that.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:15 PM   #5
Pystal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
btw, there is no difference between the "colour" of the encumberance... the fact that it is turning yellow then red is only to remind you that you are running out of wieght. In fact AFAIR you get red before you get uncumbered and you do not get any penalties for that. i.e. You only get encumbered if you cross the limit; if youre below it you get no penalties no matter the colour. The penalty is only to movement.... doesnt affect attack per round or anything like that.
Spoilers

Thanks eveyone. You all have been great!

I am having a new baby boy on Oct 28th and I am having trouble finding time to play now. Hee hee It is a great trade off though.

Anyway,

I am in the goblin warrens lvl 2 now and I am wondering why the doors wont close once I open them?

Is it better to let the fire beetles and other monsters loose and kill the goblins, or should I kill them all? I am curious of the xp difference.

I let the spiders loose on lvl 1 and then I finished the goblins off later. When I left to lvl 2 I got less xp then I did when I left them alive. I did gain xp for killing them though and it may have been even by the end.

Thanks