Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2004, 01:18 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Seeing how this forum is so much alive now, I though about making one... There are so many quizzes in the BG series and I havent found any for IWD...

Anyways, I have the questions almost ready and can start one in 2 or three days... But first I want to see if there will be enough people willing to participate in it. I dont want to start the quiz and then have someone declared winner only because his was the only entry submitted.

Also few points:
1. I'm thinking of making it for all IWD+HoW+TotLM. Is it ok? Or should I make it only IWD+HoW or only IWD? I really want to include HoW because otherwise its too small but might decide against including TotLM if not enough people have it. So if you reply now tell me what should be included.
2. I would really really ask those who finished the game at least once to participate. Please dont say "I dont remember it now" or "There are so many good people here I dont stand a chance of winning so I wont participate."
3. The results will be posted only with the answers when it is over. I've seen in some of the quizzes in BG where the results are posted soon as they are obtained. I think its fairer if all are posted together at the end and also it wont discourage anyone and it will keep good suspence.

So reply and tell me if you want to participate. This isnt any official signinig-up (there wont be any... anybody can participate once the quiz is made). I just want to see more or less how many poeple will be there and dont foget to say whether you want HoW or Totl included.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:18 PM   #2
jmsteven
Dungeon Master

Sure, I'll play along. I just finished the my first run through IWD/HOW/ToTL and would like to see if I'm as IWD savvy as I think I am...

I'm sure there's a lot I missed, though..
jmsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 11:14 PM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

I'm game. IWD + HoW + TotL is fine with me. You might want to have two types of questions; one for just IWD, the other for HoW and TotL. That way, people who don't have the expansions can participate.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:34 AM   #4
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

The best policy on including HoW stuff is to have the majority of your questions just on the original game, and only one or two HoW/TotLM questions. That way, people who just played the original can actually get a reasonable score, and you don't have to leave out the expansions.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:33 AM   #5
galdur
Dungeon Master

Good idea... even despite of fact I didn't played TOTLM. But nevermind, I played IWD+HOW and it is enough. I played IWD so many times, HOW only once.
galdur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:15 AM   #6
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Oki then... I'll try to have most questions based on IWD and few on HoW and TotL.

I'll start the quiz today or tomorow...
Old 10-25-2004, 11:06 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Consider having only one TotL question as a bonus last question.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:14 PM   #8
Yanez
Manshoon

Count me in too. I think it is time to find out if I am so well versed in IWD lore, as I believe I am.
Yanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:34 PM   #9
NobleNick
Quintesson

Count me in: IWD/HoW/TotLM.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote