Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2001, 06:45 PM   #1
white heron
Manshoon

Hey i just read you're playing DSotSC.way to go! ...heh. I just get excited thinking about it because it's a masterpiece of moddery! Ahh,..wish i had the time and inclination to play it again.
One thing i always wondered was if the NPC's personal items, like 'Jeth'laya's mothers ring' for example,had magical properties.Well, i'm reliably informed that they do .Just to let you know....
There are new spells also ,and magic plays a greater role but since you've played BG2 it should be childs play.....sort of.
Anyhow, have fun!
Old 05-19-2001, 11:57 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hey thanks!
I haven't gotten very far yet, and since I must have played BG1 about ten times I'm a bit bored having to do all those quests like "kill the spiders in my house" and "fetch Perdue's short sword" . So maybe I will cheat a bit to get my chars a bit higher in level and then leave all those simple quests lying. I have noticed that DSOTSC makes the game quite a bit harder, for example the first kobolds I ran into were kobold Guards who use poisoned blades! I haven't seen any new NPC yet apart from Bub Snikt but I was told that there were two new ones in the Nashkel Carnival... however I couldn't find them! Do you have any idea where they are?

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-19-2001, 12:36 PM   #3
Lord Shield

The first change I noticed is that the enemy adventurer bands have been given better equipment to make them tougher
I have just finished the Cloakwood Mines and been given the first DSOTSC quest. Three new areas on the map. I won't spoil for you, but it looks promising
BTW, what party you using for it? I have:
Me (Dwarf fighter/thief) - concentrating on Stealth/Open Locks
Minsc
Kivan
Imoen - concentrating on Stealth/Traps
Branwen
Dynaheir

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-19-2001, 12:53 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

My party consists of (for now at least):

Me as a elven true neutral cleric (haven't decided yet whether I will go with the good guys or the bad)
Jaheira
Imoen dualled to Conjurer with skills in Opening Locks and detect traps
A new NPC called Bub Snikt who is a fighter but I have been a bad girl and increased his DEX to dual him to thief (*** in bow proficiency and concentrating on pick pocket skills)
Xzar
Kagain

I'm going to get rid of Xzar and Kagain I think, but I have played the game so often with Minsc and Dynaheir, I just want to try something new!

BTW the new 1st level priest spell Armour Melt is AWESOME!!! It drains the enemy of !!) points of Armour Class, and if he makes his saving throw he still loses 4. What a great spell!

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-19-2001, 04:50 PM   #5
white heron
Manshoon

Strange you met Bub already? The two at the carnival appear after you finish and leave the Nashkel mines.Theyre not too hard to find....actually ,one of them doesnt appear until a bit later.
The quests start when you leave the CLOAKWOOD mines and meet up with Jeth'laya.Loads of magic in the first quest(3 maps),i came back later to finish that first quest.very hard.
A spell i liked was a kind of black spirit armour,i forgot the name,and yeah,hordes of nasty little kobolds.....great fun!