Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 05:30 AM   #1
hayaku
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Letter

some of you may recall a post I made a few weeks ago, where I had mistakenly sold all my spare light crossbows and could not find any in any of the vendors inventories, despite camping for several days at each.

This time, for some reason, all the vendors have stopped selling hunter quarrels.
For the last 1/4 of the game, I have been using, and exclusively so, hunter quarrels for my gadgeteer and ranger. They are the only available ammunition that does enough damage to justify ranged combat at this stage of the game (Bayjin shallows, rapax away camp, mountain wilderness etc... level 20). During this time I have probably made over 10 return trips to either Anna or Kunar to re-stock on hunter quarrels. Now, I just cant find the things anywhere. I have tried everything, up to and including buying out Kunar's ENTIRE inventory, then camping for several days and checking his stock accordingly. Nothing works... I also have a hunch he has stopped selling impaling stones but I haven’t checked this in depth enough to confirm.

Anyway, the only things I can recall having done of any major significance since my last purchase of the quarrels have been talking to Bela, clearing out the SE wilderness temple, clearing out the Rapax away camp and completing the T'rang/Umpani alliance quest.... I don't see why any of these might trigger the disappearance of certain items but its as good a guess as any. Can anyone help?

Oh - and quite ironically; In the process of trying to find some hunter quarrels, I did actually manage to find the light crossbow that had so long alluded me. It was Anna's shop... and she had three of them [img]redface.gif[/img]
hayaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
TinyMage
Dungeon Master

if something that regularly appears in the vendors list does not replenish after 24 hours it means the vendor has too much junk and its at the very bottom.

The only real solution is to buy the vendors cheap items like ammo and what not, and dump them somewhere or sell them to another vendor. Some people recommend just buying all the ammo and selling it back ( it will be in larger stacks ) but in my opinion that just delays the problem. I prefer to sell it all to another vendor who I don't use for refills.
TinyMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:13 AM   #3
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

BTW has anyone discovered the effect that a vendor never buys something again ? IMO if you sell all the tons of stones and arrow and other stuff only to one vendor, his storehouse must explode .

Seriously, I never had problems buying the ammo I needed. Maybe because I don't use only Hunter Quarrels. There is much stuff to fire with and I prefer to give the party different ranged weapons. Usually two bows, one 3-X-Bow, two modern weapons and the rest throwing and sling.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:53 AM   #4
hayaku
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I will try buying up some of the cheap bulky stuff, and see if that works. As stated, I once bought out Kunar's entire inventory, and did not find the quarrels... however I think this is probably worth another try.

As for using a variety of ammunition... I only have two ranged attackers in my party: a ranger and a gadgeteer. Hunter quarrels are the only avalable ammunition that does enough damage to justify ranged combat... even the next most powerfull avalable item, which I believe are babred arrows, don't work nearly well enough.

anyway..... I think ill keep trying
hayaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
TinyMage
Dungeon Master

Sometimes they just don't replenish the item, you have to wait the next time ( 24 hour cycle ), its somewhat random.
TinyMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:28 AM   #6
SpitBall
The Magister

I just finished off the Rapax Rift et al. Noticed Ferro stocks many good ranged projectiles - Hunter Quarrels included. But, after fighting hordes of Rapax with characters armed with Siege Arbalest and Hunter Quarrels, or a Strong Bow, even a Great Bow, or Demonstring shooting Mystic Arrows and Armotr Piercers(also from Ferro) - I have to say - I doubt your conclusion that Hunter Quarrels are the best ranged weapon. I mean, the fairy psionic can do more damage with a wrist-rocket and Medusa Stones (Ferro once again), than the Dwarf Fighter with the Hunter Quarrels.
SpitBall is offline   Reply With Quote