Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2003, 04:54 PM   #1
IAmThumper
Dungeon Master

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has had any success with getting into the Rapax Castle Treasury, the room that says there is some sort of chute above when you walk past it. Upstairs next to the Zoo is a play ground area with a room with a bed, a Hogar toy, and statue. It's where you can find doll armor. Anyway if you look you can see a hole under the bed. I figure it's the chute to the treasury but I don't know how to get the bed to move. You can click on the statue but it doesn't do anything for me. The Hogar and the swing outside both move but the statue does nothing. Any one have any luck?
IAmThumper
IAmThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 07:57 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I forget exactly (it's been awhile), but if you do the right thing with the statue, it moves the bed enough so you can drop down the hole to another room (this is the only way into that room).

You can't get into the treasury directly. However, you can find some papers to drop down a different chute, and that will get you the stuff in the chests.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 07:58 PM   #3
ChaosTheorist
Manshoon

Apparently this is one of the "not quite finished" bits of the game; it tells you about the possibility of entry from upstairs, but actuallly there is no way into the goodie room. However, there is a way to retrive a few (3, I think) extra goodies that might have been stored in there.

I'd guess that "break into the King's treasure room" would have been a component of the hinted-at King's Assassins/Rescue the Queen subplot that didn't make it into the game, but that's just a WAG.
ChaosTheorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 06:55 PM   #4
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

The hole leads to the King and Queen bedroom areas. Wind up the statue (key in back) and touch the spear to open the hole. You will need to do this to finish the game, I think.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:58 PM   #5
ChaosTheorist
Manshoon

Quote:
You will need to do this to finish the game, I think.
Only if you didn't/couldn't set a portal in Ascension Peak before the way in was blocked. If you had a portal past the blockage, you could blow off the entire Rapax-associated section of the game, and skip all Rapax areas, and you'd still be able to Ascend. Not that you'd want to, of course; the XP payoff for clearing the Rift and Castle (and clearing it again...and again...), and Ferro's goodies, and the loot in the Castle chests, are too good to pass up.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:31 AM   #6
ChaosTheorist
Manshoon

Quote:
quote:
You will need to do this to finish the game, I think.
Only if you didn't/couldn't set a portal in Ascension Peak before the way in was blocked. If you had a portal past the blockage, you could blow off the entire Rapax-associated section of the game....[/QUOTE]OK, so that didn't come out quite as funny as I'd hoped. The "blowing off the Rapax areas" is technically correct, but only because the comment was "to finish the game". As stated, it is entirely possible to *finish* the game without ever entering the Rapax areas--but the results might not be quite as satisfying as one might like (in fact "blow off" becomes operative in another context). To *win* the game, you have to complete at least a few activities in the Rapax Castle.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:13 PM   #7
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Yes, you can blow off the Rapax, and blow up the planet. That is a valid ending. Not the usual one chosen. It's good to see all denouements.