Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2002, 02:56 AM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

Currnetly I'm Reading The two Towers and I like it a lot, I can't wait to see the Helmdeep battle and the Ents... but there is one thing bothering me a great deal... the Gollum, okey he is pretty funny in the book but I heard tat they are going to make him completely in CG in the movie and I'm terrified that I'll get a horrible "Jar Jar vu" watching him... I just pray to Eo that won't happen... [img]smile.gif[/img]

By the way anyone know if there is a trailer coming?
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 03:11 AM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
By the way anyone know if there is a trailer coming?<hr></blockquote>
Seeing that the second instalment is slated for a December release, I don't think we'll see any trailers for quite a few months yet.

Maybe if LOTR does well at the Oscars the distributers might think of something to hype up LOTR:TTT
Old 03-04-2002, 09:09 PM   #3
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Jorath Calar take a peek at the Official site for LotR:TTT.
The filming for the Battle of Helms Deep took three months of night shooting to get right. I wouldn't expect a trailer till maybe late October or early November.

You have also seen Gollum already in Fellowship of the Ring.
He is not a comical character. He is very dark and almost completely evil. In the book they gloss over the things he has been doing in favor of the broader story. They do mention that he steals babies from their cradles when he is hungry though. He strangles large folk from behind and is surprisingly strong and agile. I doubt very much he will be a classic comedy figure except in some small ways. I think they will capture his dark side and you will see it come out.

No suh...me no thinkin der be any un dat Jar-Jar der..nope nope nope
You goh now..mesa goin two...Okie Day...byebye n' aw dat jass.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:22 AM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wulfere:
Jorath Calar take a peek at the Official site for LotR:TTT.
The filming for the Battle of Helms Deep took three months of night shooting to get right. I wouldn't expect a trailer till maybe late October or early November.

You have also seen Gollum already in Fellowship of the Ring.
He is not a comical character. He is very dark and almost completely evil. In the book they gloss over the things he has been doing in favor of the broader story. They do mention that he steals babies from their cradles when he is hungry though. He strangles large folk from behind and is surprisingly strong and agile. I doubt very much he will be a classic comedy figure except in some small ways. I think they will capture his dark side and you will see it come out.

No suh...me no thinkin der be any un dat Jar-Jar der..nope nope nope
You goh now..mesa goin two...Okie Day...byebye n' aw dat jass.
<hr></blockquote>

I hope you are right, It wasn't a lot shown of him in FotR,just the face... but I just meant in the way he acts in the book, giving evil looks and he does whine a bit while crawling around Fordo... [img]smile.gif[/img]
And I asked about the trailer because last year the first Teaser trailer for FotR was out around april or so if I remember right... 8 painstaking months... Peter Jackson is Sauron himself...

Okey dei mesa go now...
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 01:29 PM   #5
Thoran
Galvatron

I thought the look we got in the first movie was sufficiently sinister to trust they won't blow his character... even if he is cgi. I always thought he would come across as a pathetic character... but one you wouldn't want to turn your back on. I expect we should get the whining (to befit his book persona) but they should balance that with dark furtive glances when he thinks nobody is watching. I really can't wait for TTT... it was my favorite of the three books.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 10:31 AM   #6
Khazad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It seemed to me that Peter Jackson was very good at capturing the darker aspects of LOTR...I think that he will do the same with Gollum...
Old 03-06-2002, 11:58 AM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue> <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
4-Minute Two Towers Preview Moved to Mar. 29
Tuesday, March 5, 2002 8:32 CST

Hollywood.com spoke to New Line's David Tuckerman who says "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" will "be in the low $290 millions before we get to Oscar weekend. Just hype alone should get us to $300 million. We're going back in the marketplace on Mar. 22 and then on Mar. 29--we've just revised our plan--we're going to add (something special at the conclusion of the film).

"Peter Jackson has made a four minute preview--not a trailer--of (the next film in the Rings trilogy) 'The Two Towers' (opening this December). He basically did it as a thank you to the fans. So we're going to switch out the last reel for Friday, Mar. 29. On Mar. 22 we're going to do a big push to get back into the theaters. I hope to get back to (around) 2,000. So we'll get ourselves through that weekend. If we win, that's great. If we don't win, we have a thank you for the fans on Mar. 29 (that will continue to play) until it leaves theaters."

It was previously reported that the preview would be added on March 22nd. We'll see you back in line on the 29th!<hr></blockquote></font>
Old 03-06-2002, 12:09 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=gold> <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
According to an Ain't It Cool News scooper, the sound recording for the battles in The Two Towers and Return of the King will be done at … a cricket match. That's right, the Lord of the Rings folks will be recording crowd yelling and stamping at the New Zealand vs. England one-day cricket match in Wellington, New Zealand. (Counting Down)

<hr></blockquote></font>
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 05:52 PM   #9
Tancred
White Dragon

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jorath Calar:

I hope you are right, It wasn't a lot shown of him in FotR,just the face... but I just meant in the way he acts in the book, giving evil looks and he does whine a bit while crawling around Fordo... [img]smile.gif[/img]
<hr></blockquote>

More than just his face; we saw his hunched body shape, those worryingly luminous eyes (weren't they cool?) and his voice. His voice! Nothing with a voicelike that could POSSIBLY be nice!
Old 03-06-2002, 05:56 PM   #10
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

OK .... Larry you are the devil...now I have to go see it again [img]smile.gif[/img]
They have cut the number of showings down to one a day here in Nebraskie, and that one sells out fast. I guess I will have to go early and get a ticket. Damn, I like Peter Jackson more and more!

Jorath... they did show a full body shot of Gollum in the FotR. At the beginning when they were telling about the ring and it's finding by Bilbo. He is a very sinister character. Hopefully they will bring out
the story of what he was like before the finding of his "Precious" and how it twisted him. He was from a Hobbit-like folk.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote