Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2001, 07:14 PM   #1
Hawkwind
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Looks like I'm going to run out of coins trying to open these doors in the right sequence. I *do* have the Brady Games Strategy Guide - but if I use the levers in the sequence they say, it just says the doors click but don't open. What is the proper sequence?
Hawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 07:17 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The proper sequence is (facing the coin slot):

Door 1: U _ U _ _ D _ U
Door 2: U _ D _ _ D _ U
Door 3: U _ U _ _ D _ D
Door 4: D _ D _ _ D _ U
Door 5: D _ U _ _ D _ D
Door 6: D _ D _ _ U _ D

where "D" means lever is down (activated) and "U" means lever is up (deactivated).

Another crashing blow from the "Scroll of Misinformation," I see... *sigh*

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 07:25 PM   #3
Hawkwind
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, thanks a lot, Sazerac! I now realize the book doesn't even *tell* you what the proper sequence is at all...

==Hawkwind==
Old 03-30-2001, 07:41 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You're welcome, Hawkwind!

I wonder if we need to come up with a post for "101 uses for the 'Scroll of Misinformation' (i.e. the Strategy Guide)"!

-Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 09:21 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Gee, I remember way back when there were no strategy guides for games. If you could find any place for some help and hints you were lucky. Then the gaming companies started producing guides and often they were bad because they were written while the game was still being programmed and often didn't end up reflecting certain changes that were made in the game during those last development months. These days most guides seem to be pretty accurate and helpful.
What I don't understand about the W&W guide is why their solutions to various puzzles should be so wrong - why would they change the solution in the program after they had obviously planned the solution that was included in the guide.
Guess we can blame it on the "rush" job but that doesn't seem like a complete explanation to me.
My own guide is gradually being filled up with notes in the margins correcting various misinformation.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 01:02 PM   #6
Hawkwind
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The 'Strategy Guide' (and I use the term loosely) is certainly a rather pathetic piece of crud. It makes you wonder if the author actually *played* the game. Normally, I buy guides for the maps - but the maps in this book are horrible. Just muddy screen captures. I thought perhaps Brady Games might be different, since Prima is just God-awful. I remember buying the Prima guide for "Thief: The Dark Project" and reading a multitude of inaccuracies, and just plain *wrong* walkthrough info. Stuff like telling you to watch out for a certain trap in an area - and in actual fact, you don't encounter it until quite a bit further on. It makes you wonder why you bother to buy them....

==Hawkwind==

[This message has been edited by Hawkwind (edited 03-31-2001).]