Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2011, 03:41 AM   #71
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Re: Bethesda doing it again on Nov.11th?

I use uesp.com for my oblivion related stuff - its so freaking huge and has a google-ish map that will show me all the goodies.

in regards to the baurus thing - I hade already played on cause I did not really think anything of it - so the autosave was deleted and I was 3 levels advanced when I discovered he was not at the sewers and looked it up.

Currently taking a little break from my mage though and playing my rogue - Dunmer ( drow ) with speed and Strength as the primary attributes - the speed is so insane he starts out with 75 and got 5 on the first level up - then I got boots +6 speed so he can now basically outrun everything.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:58 PM   #72
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

The Oblivion wiki uesp is quite amazing... And huge. I'm pretty sure it's accurate, too.

How is the rogue going?
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:32 AM   #73
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Technical question...

When I attempt to play Oblivion, it keeps saying "Oblivion has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Does anybody have an idea of how I could fix this?
Old 05-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #74
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Have you recently installed any new mods, made any changes to your computer? Another possibility could be file corruption. It's a rather drastic step, but you could try backing up your saves and uninstalling then reinstalling Oblivion.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #75
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Already tried that, hasn't made any difference. Don't have any mods on it, haven't done anything that could cause it to do this. I think my computer is just a bit stupid...

It also does a physical memory dump sometimes. The screen turns blue, and I have to reset the computer. I'm quite confused...
Old 05-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #76
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

How old is your computer? If you don't mind my asking. Cuz if you've had it a long time the memory and/or the hard drive among other things could be going bad. I'm guessing from pior posts that Oblivion worked fine up to a point. My technical expertise is limited, I know enough to put stuff into and take stuff out of my computer. (And with that I sometimes need help)

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:39 AM   #77
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

It's a few years old now. I think I got it in... 2006, maybe? But it's always been a bit pathetic.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:12 AM   #78
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Post your complete specs or as much as you can. It sounds like you are running windows XP, can you confirm the OS?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #79
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Yeah, running XP.
Doesn't matter now, though. Got a new computer, and it works brilliantly
Old 06-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #80
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

According to this

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...crolls-skyrim/

The PC version is a console port.

boo and hiss?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote