Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2001, 07:09 PM   #1
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all, long time-no posts! Haven't had much time to keep track of all that goes on here but I keep coming back to try and catch up This time, I have a message I'd like to get out. Went in search of a bit of culture this weekend and found myself seeing the chinese movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. It was nominated for a whole mess of academy awards here in the US and I wanted to know what the hubbub was about. Now I do. It was so amazing, I found the time to see it twice! The fight choreography was intense. I strongly urge people to see this movie, especially if you want to know more about the class Monk. It would prob'ly make a great date movie too since it has a good love story in it. A couple of warnings (not spoilers): it is subtitled. (It definitely didn't deserve the cheesiness voice-overs would have brought.) Keep that in mind when considering it for a date. And remember that the chinese love their metaphores! It's not a bad thing, it just makes you use your brain.

Anyone who has seen it, I'd love to hear your opinion......
Old 02-21-2001, 10:06 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Subtitles are good! I heard the dual-wielding scimitar scene was awesome.
Old 02-21-2001, 10:22 AM   #3
Stealth Bomber

Missed it first time round Hope to catch it next time or on DVD. I saw Dungeons & Dragons on Saturday. Hmmm, as bad as I thought it would be. All the budget went on the Dragon battle, which was good admittedly. Film felt empty though, lacked the epic atmosphere it should have had. Acting was patchy, although the camp Henchman, forget his name, was fun. The elves were portrayed in a very strange light however, looking more like tribesmen than elves. I guess they were meant to be wood elves, but still. The thieves guild was my favourite bit however, as it reminded me off Baldur's gate II a lot.

Old 02-21-2001, 01:00 PM   #4
Axis

I thought the D&D movie did a good job with Beholders.....I thought they looked cool.

Old 02-21-2001, 01:07 PM   #5
Stealth Bomber

Yes, but they used them as guard dogs!

Old 02-21-2001, 03:54 PM   #6
BLACK KNIGHT

Loved CTHD. Great fight scenes. And I like the fact that they subtitled it. If they would have dubbed it, would have ruined the entire movie for me. (It also helped that the main fighting female was HOT! IMHO, anyways. Great fights, great plot, deserved every award plus more.

BK