Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 05:13 PM   #1
masteraleph
Elminster

Would really like to play a themed party through with only short characters- gnomes, halflings, dwarves. Obviously there's Mazzy, Korgan, and Jan in the game. However, it doesn't seem like there are any particularly good mods with such characters- Alora is boring to my understanding (not to mention redundant with Jan's thief abilities), Krondor(sp?) seems to have bugs galore and also be fairly boring, and besides that there's just the TDD NPCs which are barely short of awful (Yeslick and Kagain). Are there some out there that I'm missing, or am I doomed to trying for a nature oriented party? (PC wild mage, Minsc, Jaheira, Cernd, Valygar...not really sure on a thief).
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:51 PM   #2
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Well if I ever get the Bryan Mod finished... but then you'd have a gay halfling bard.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:59 PM   #3
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

I once played an all-short party by starting a multiplayer game with 3 characters (I believe I had a halfling swashbuckler, dwarven cleric or F/C multi, and a gnome cleric/illusionist). Adding Mazzy & Korgan for tanks, and Jan for thieving and spellcasting, it was a pretty decent party. Not to mention fun to watch a bunch of diminutive characters beat up the big guys.

The main problem I find with multiplayer-type games is the lack of banter and/or extra quests along the way.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:04 PM   #4
jcompton
Elminster

If you're interested in playing BG1Tutu, there's Finch, a female gnome.