Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2002, 04:08 PM   #1
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

when they hired writers did they hire any that had ever watched any of the old shows?they've already changed the klingons now they have photon torpedoes.if i remember rightly the federation did not know what the klingons really looked like till the events surrounding the first movie.and the photon torpedo was a romulan invention that premiered in The Balance Of Terror.they even mentioned the ferengi another race that was unknown til tng.
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 04:30 PM   #2
Gammit
Elminster

I was wondering the same thing about the Ferengi myself...
Old 04-18-2002, 08:09 PM   #3
dragonwolf
Dungeon Master

if you listen to the end of the episoid with the firangi, archer warns them about ever coming near another earth or vulcan ship ever agin.(i know i am not the best speller) and photon torpedos were around at the begining kirk used torpedos aginst the romulans in balance of power and stole a cloaking device in a later episoide.
dragonwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 08:28 PM   #4
khazadman

Quote:
and photon torpedos were around at the begining kirk used torpedos aginst the romulans in balance of power and stole a cloaking device in a later episoide.
no the romulans invented it.the balance of terror was about a romulan ship testing the torpedoes on federation listening posts along the demilitarized zone.
Quote:
if you listen to the end of the episoid with the firangi, archer warns them about ever coming near another earth or vulcan ship ever agin
damn,that was one of the episodes that i missed.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:21 PM   #5
dragonwolf
Dungeon Master

balance of power was the first episoid that the romulans were in it does mention how NOONE has ever seen the face of a romulane before then
then the episoide where we see the romulans in the klinglong looking battle cruiser that kirk stole the cloacking device from
dragonwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 09:13 AM   #6
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Ok...
1.The Romulans did not invent the photon torpedo. You are thinking of the PLASMA torpedo. That is the weapon they were feared for.
2.Enterprise (under Archer) has missiles.
3.The whole Klingon appearance thing is a bit of a joke. Roddenberry himself said that the Klingons ALWAYS looked the way they do now. In the original series they didn't have the special effects to do it right, so when we watch Kirk fight guys in dark facepaint, we are supposed to imagine the klingons we know and love today.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:09 AM   #7
Albromor
Mephistopheles

What you have with Enterprise are two individuals, Berman and Braga, who have worn out their welcome in the Trek universe at least 10 years ago. Unfortuantly Paramount executives just don't get it and they handed the franchise over to these two who are managing to kill it. Their formula is tired, they have manage to alienate a lot of tried and true Trek fans, and they really, really, really hate the original series. And as for the last statement it is a known and written fact, especially Braga, that Kirk & Company is something they truly wish would just disappear. They have little if any respect. Every chance they get they take continuity and throw it out the window. That is why there are so many descrepencies in Enterprise. And as for the writers, well lets just say that B&B have the uncanny ability to hire people that don't know sci-fi, nor do they know the first thing about what makes a good story: characters. In B&B's case techno-gizmos and techno-babble always came first. If you don't believe me check out Voyager. Talk about garbage. How it stayed on the air for 7 years is amazing considering the ratings were so poor. But then again, UPN doesn't have all that much to show. Basically B&B are creating Trek in their own image. Shelley's Frankenstein anyone?
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 06:58 PM   #8
gaunty
The Magister

how believable is this time cold war anyway?

and I am concerned that they don't go home for real re-supplies and upgrades.

yes yes I know I'm talking the wrong people, sorry.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 08:59 PM   #9
khazadman

yeah,this time cold war is bull s**t.the thing i do like about enterprise is how they humiliate the vulcans.i look on the vulcans as the elves of space.
Old 05-26-2002, 02:40 PM   #10
Grojlach
Zartan

Wasn't there a mention of the Temporal Cold War in DS9 or Voyager? Not sure, but I've read somewhere that it was stated in an earlier series... So it's not dropping out of nowhere, at least.