Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2003, 03:03 PM   #1
Eternal
Manshoon

possible plot spoilers
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h
h

hh
h
h
h
h

welp after spellhold i decided to go on the boat with saemon,
eventually i get kidnapped by the shark people. (forgot their name)
bringin me to their king and such.
bein the evil proud guy that i am i told the king to go ef himself, and been killing them ever since, i now found a passage to the underdark after having slaughtered of what i think is all of them.leaving naught but their corpses in my wake. hah they dared take a child of bhaal !!
uhhmm.... yes ,well. ...... anyway

my question, if i do their quest (something to do with rebels n saving their city of caverns ive gathered)will i get anything special . ie am i missing out by just deciding not to cooperate n erradicate them all?

i did do the lil imp quest where ya play their game n they open a chest with some magic items (not identified yet)
and ive found a cloak of mirroring of a priest.
thats the loot ive gotten so far.
thanks in advance

|||EDIT||| man now im even stuck, turns out i need somekinda rope to use the underdark passage, bah |||EDIT|||

[ 01-28-2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Eternal ]
Old 01-28-2003, 03:06 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

The best item, the Cloak of Mirroring, you already have. Doing the quest gets you some more good stuff, but nothing truly exception by Bg2 standards.

Although apparently Wave Blade is very nice, never bothered with it meself though.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:07 PM   #3
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

You get the gauntlets of crushing I think. There very good for monks but I can't remember why. I think they may either increase your strenght or simply increase the damage you dish out with your fists. I've just started that quest. Done it before but about a year ago now.

Warby
Warby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 03:44 PM   #4
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Gauntlets of crushing increase the damage/thaco of the monk. as for the rope, you can find one in the secret stash in the wall of the room where the king originally stood. you also find a crappy rod that changes into crappy weapons, ive really found no use for it. i think you also missed out on a really good spear, the Impaler. a +3 spear that deals an extra 10 piercing damage on each successful hit.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 07:02 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Hmm....doesn't the Prince drop the Impaler when you kill him (Which Eternal certainly seems to have done)? You can only get the Gauntlets by completing the King's quest, but I seem to recall that, no matter how you do the Underwater City, it's difficult to leave without getting the Impaler.

Another benefit of not angering the King right off the bat is you get to take advantage of a cool store that'll pay 66% more (compared to most shops in Athkatla) for all the junk you've been carting around in your packs. Can you handle selling all your surplus Darts of Stunning for 50 gp each? Yeah, so can I. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2003, 09:43 PM   #6
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Good to know Six, I was wondering what was up with that store.

My question is, how come you get so little for the drow equipment you find? I mean, only a few hundred for chain +5 or plate +4. Stuff that highly enchanted seems like it should be worth more.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 09:59 PM   #7
Imrahil
Elminster

I've always kind of assumed that, since every Drow & his brother has +5 Drow Plate (or Chain or Flail or Crossbow or whatever), it's just not that valuable. You're selling something that everyone has access to, so they don't really offer much. It's the equivalent of a standard item on the surface. I don't know for sure that that's the thinking behind Drow items being worth very little, but it makes sense.

Now, I have no clue as to why the surface merchants feel the same way (if you happen to cheat one in just to see). [img]smile.gif[/img]

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:13 PM   #8
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

usually i do the quest and then kill them, cause you know they are evil and all.

but ahh while we're on the subject
What's the deal with the tooth in the chest? What's it for?
Old 01-29-2003, 10:02 AM   #9
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
usually i do the quest and then kill them, cause you know they are evil and all.

but ahh while we're on the subject
What's the deal with the tooth in the chest? What's it for?
The Tooth of Sekolah? I believe it is written in it's description... IIRC, it says that it "Opens the way to the Rebel Prince's base".
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 10:12 AM   #10
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

personally Ive never used any of the stupid weapons you get in the shark people city. My line is usually, agree with the king, then swap sides and agree with the rebel and kill the king. when the rebel turns up and gives you a reward, you search the treasury and find out they're ALL evil, so I proceed to kill the rebels as well. I take all the loot that is worth selling, and sell it.

never used the spear, the monk gloves, the halberd or that weird rod. I do use the cloak, but I have it patched to it's not so cheese anymore.

the tooth is to open the door that leads to the rebels