Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #31
Thoran
Galvatron

This issue is far older than the 1920's... and IMO the Jewish people have as much right to "that land" as the Palestinians. The Arab nations conveniently forget that the Jews were there over 2000 years ago... their memories are only as long as is required to fortify their argument.

Heck if you look at who really has the right to that little chunk of heaven from a 1920's ownership perspective... then TURKEY should be setting up shop.

Just because western nations assisted in the formation of the modern Israel IMO has no bearing on the legitimacy of their (historically based) right to live in that region.

Now... IMO the Palestinians have historical rights in that region too, and there's the rub. Until both sides acknowledge that the other DESERVES to live in peace in that region... the bloodshed will continue.

Sadly I don't see that happening anytime soon, not when Hamas gets popular the vote and Israel responds to EVERY provocation no matter how small as if it's 'frikkin World War III.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #32
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

A jew teaching their children to be warmongers is no better than an arab teaching children to be warmongers. There's enough blame to go around in the Middle East, everyone deserves a good helping of it, and it will never move forward until all parties realize they have all f**ked up royally all around.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #33
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane:
This is not religion, per se. This is the result of a "fortress" mentality. And I, personnally, can sympathize with that mentality. How would *you* like to be a nation of 15 million or so,,,and surrounded by a sea of hostility, many of who have sworn your destruction? From cradle to grave all they have known is 'be prepared to fight, or be prepared to die'.
I'm not saying it's right or wrong..just..that's the way it is.
It is religion, that is what it boils down to.

HOW would you like to be a people robbed of there land, there dignity, there freedom and there future?? by a country backed to the hilt by the most powerful nations on earth .... the argument works both ways don't it.?
[/QUOTE]I think I'd have to ask some AmerInds to find out for sure...
Old 07-19-2006, 03:42 PM   #34
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
A jew teaching their children to be warmongers is no better than an arab teaching children to be warmongers. There's enough blame to go around in the Middle East, everyone deserves a good helping of it, and it will never move forward until all parties realize they have all f**ked up royally all around.
I couldn't have possibly expressed my own opinion better than this.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #35
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

People. Just gotta love ya! Hmm, when somebody from this forum who has been to that part of the world speaks of this type of inherited hatred, he's just froathing at the mouth. It cannot be, he's just laying it on. But, just as soon as a liberal propaganda picture circulates the internet, by gosh it must be so. How can this be, you say? Ha, Ha, Ha.
The irony of that picture is what every single one of you have completely missed.
It's not about Israeli schhol children drawing on artillery projectiles, it's what they are drawing/scribbling about and on.

Look very closely at that 105MM Green, with red band with HE explosive design mark on it. Then look at the French based GIAT industries 105MM artillery ammunition. Not that the French would place a arty strike on anybody, but hmm, that ammo is mighty darn similar.

The children, what are they doing? They are writing in the universal language. Hmm, the USAID peace package sends mega dollars to that country, one would think they would have just a little better grasping of the language. It is part of their school curriculum.

Finally, they are sending those very similar to the French 105MM HE artillery munitions with english scribblings on them into a country they are "PAID" to maintain a peace agreement with.

WOW!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:49 PM   #36
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Look at that picture that Harks posted, then look at this one:

When these kids are growing up with this mindset, there will never be peace in this region.

[ 07-29-2006, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #37
mountain_hare

Quote:
quote:
Israeli girls write messages in Hebrew on shells ready to be fired toward Hezbollah targets in southern Lebanon.
Photo: AFP
If an Arab child were doing the above, we'd hear screams of indignation from all over the world:

"HOW DARE THOSE ARAB BARBARIANS BRAINWASH THEIR CHILDREN INTO A VIOLENT, DOGMATIC MINDSET!!!11OONEONE"

As for the photos of the children with toy guns... so what? I remember when I was a child... a used to play 'Cowboys' and 'Army Commando' all the time. Cap guns, water guns, toy guns.

It's traditional for Arabs in that region to buy children toy guns. It's traditional in America to own a gun. Big whoop.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:39 AM   #38
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

These pic's are from the latest war. "to nasrallah with love" etc.

Do you wish to say that no kid ever wrote on a bomb -"to Ben Laden with love and kisses" after the 9.11?

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:45 AM   #39
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Mountain hare, did you see the little kids shouting "i want to be a shahid and explode in el aviv!!"? I did more than once, alive too not just from tv.
The difference is obvious. There are also summer schools were they teach their kids how to kill the dirty jews.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #40
Elif Godson
Dracolich

ya know, this all boils down to one thing, over 2000 years ago someone got dutch ovened and it caused a fist fight and the loser didnt like the result, but they didnt have lawyers back then to sue with!!!