Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2001, 12:35 AM   #1
Angelspet
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I have found the way out through an underwater passage, but keep drowning when trying to swin through. Am I doing something wrong, is this the way out?
Angelspet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 12:38 AM   #2
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Welcome Angelspet! I'm not sure exactly where you're talking about but if you're talking about getting out after meeting with Nivius, you have to make sure you flipped the lever on the wall so that the passage is open. Also, anytime you have to go underwater, make sure you go under at the last possible moment and come up as soon as you can. That avoids a lot of drowning, particularly at the low levels when you drown quickly and don't have a lot of HP.

Hope you get through ok!

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 12:42 AM   #3
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Welcome to the board, Angelspet!!! I hope you will enjoy it here.

Yes, it sounds like you are in the right area, and you do have to swim a lot after killing Scabban to get to the tomb area. This is especially rough on early characters because they do not have enough stamina to hold their breath for long distances and the breath of air spell is not yet available.

When I first found this, I had to swim down, and get a good map reading (so I knew which way to swim) and then swim up for a breath of air. Then I would tackle the tunnel. The hardest part was the hole above me at the end of the tunnel, I would often get trapped there and be unable to get out while my characters drowned. The first time this happened, I had to replace a couple of keys on my keyboard because I panicked.
I found that I had just barely enough air for my characters to make it out alive, although the weakest one needed some healing.

Good luck,
Knarfling

------------------
Only two of my personalites have delusions, but one of them is paranoid and the other is out to get him.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 12:43 AM   #4
Angelspet
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have not seen Nivius yet. I am in a place where Scabbin lives and did use the lever and jumped into some water that is like a tunnel. I can't seem to make it through this tunnel, is there another way out or did I miss something?

Thank you for answering,

Angelspet
Old 06-01-2001, 12:45 AM   #5
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Oh alright, I know now. Just see Knarfling's post above. Knarfling's better at these walkthrough type things than I am.

-Jafin
Old 06-01-2001, 12:46 AM   #6
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

No, you are in the right place. The tunnel is a tough one. You pretty much have to blaze through it as fast as you can. No time to stop and watch the pretty fish.

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 12:49 AM   #7
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I agree with Knarfling there, the tunnel is very difficult, particularly at your low level. I was scared to death when I went through it. Until this game, I was afraid to go in water in a video game because I didn't know what was there *grumble* stupid star wars games *grumble*

Let us know how you do!

-Jafin
Old 06-01-2001, 12:53 AM   #8
Angelspet
Elite Waterdeep Guard

All these answers so quickly, how great. OK I will try again to make it through. Thank you again for the fast help.
Old 06-01-2001, 12:59 AM   #9
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I guess Knarfling and I are just in a mood to help. That and we're both up late LOL. You'll almost always get fast help here, a lot of nice people. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask!

-Jafin
Old 06-01-2001, 09:23 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Angelspet!!!!!

Hold down the SHIFT key while you are swimming - this will make your characters swim faster!! (or run when you're on dry land) Hope that get's you through!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote