Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2004, 07:26 AM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

Ethical Dilemma - Which Would You Do?

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading...

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; Or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. He simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams."

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations. Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box."

However, The correct answer is to run the old lady over and put her out of her misery, have sex with the perfect partner against the bus stop sign, then drive off with the old friend for some beers.

[ 04-08-2004, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: Arvon ]

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 04-08-2004, 07:33 AM   #2
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Very good Arvin! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

PS: Aside from the punch line, the question is an outstanding lesson, and a great tool in psycology.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:21 AM   #3
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
LOL nice one, Arvon! I chose to save the old lady but that was a great answer that man gave. Makes ya think....
Old 04-08-2004, 01:52 PM   #4
Spirits forever

meh...i'd give my friend a ride

who cares about a lady whose about to die...she gonna anyway...

and a perfect mate?!!!! a 15 year old...i higly doubt that it'd be last [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2004, 08:29 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I go with the perfect partner. Hard to find such people nowadays.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:51 AM   #6
Ehrys
Manshoon

Well, as disturbing as it may sound, if you were really pure of heart you would:
- have sex with the old lady who is about to die, to remember her last few mins on earth in joy.
- reward your old friend by giving him the girl.
- drive on to the next bus stop.

But we all know life is not that wack.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:29 PM   #7
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

yeh but that is just sick though Ehrys!
Old 04-09-2004, 03:15 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Good one man. I would personally ran over the old lady picked up the girl and friend and we can have party together.... (erm [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ) .
Old 04-10-2004, 12:47 AM   #9
Ehrys
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
yeh but that is just sick though Ehrys!
Hehehe... yeah, like I said... wack. Although I heard that it's not uncommon out there in this twisted world we live in.