Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2002, 11:47 AM   #11
Moiraine
Anubis

MagiK, I believe you did the right thing by telling her in person - if you had told her any other way, she could have wondered if you had told her the truth, I know I would have in her shoes. While by since you made the effort to come to her in person, she knows it didn't happen because there was something wrong with her.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:50 AM   #12
Absynthe

FWIW Ray, I think you did the right and honorable thing, telling her in person what had transpired. I think that in some situations, the personal approach is necessary, and she will likely respect you for your effort.
I hope it all goes well with your new lady friend, sounds like a great start to a (hopefully) long and enjoyable relationship.
So when are you going to get her on IW and introduce her to the "family"?

Old 11-19-2002, 11:53 AM   #13
Moiraine
Anubis

Nah, he's got a real life now, he won't be hanging around here that much now, will you MagiK ?
Old 11-19-2002, 12:05 PM   #14
MagiK

Thanks Moiraine and Absynthe, I have invited her to IW, but right now she is still on a dial up connection (I have to introduce her to broadband) and she uses her business line, so can't spend a lot of time surfing. I told her she would love it here. (also get to see my dark side )

Edit: Well Moiraine I may not have as much free time away from work, but Ill still have my day time [img]smile.gif[/img] Besides I think she will like all of you. (She had especially nice things to say about France. I guess she has vacationed there at some point. She is also a bit of a wine fanatic)

[ 11-19-2002, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 11-19-2002, 12:08 PM   #15
MagiK

I didn't mean to make her sound like a Wino in that last comment

Old 11-19-2002, 12:14 PM   #16
WillowIX
Apophis

Great news MagiK. I hope it´ll work out for you! It seem like my opinion has already been posted by Saz. I think you hurt C2 a lot less by showing up in person. That shows you care [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 12:22 PM   #17
Absynthe

You did good to only decide to see one at a time, because where
E = embarassment,C = a ladies name starting with "C", and M = MagiK,
Its obvious that E=MC2...

Old 11-19-2002, 12:31 PM   #18
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I agree with most everyone else. You definitely did the right thing. Congrats on possibly finding a soul mate. This doesn't mean we'll be seeing a change here at IW does it? You tend to add a bit of excitement at times to some of our discussions, you know!

[ 11-19-2002, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Sir Taliesin ]
Old 11-19-2002, 12:45 PM   #19
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I agree completely with Saz - you are always a jackass! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I'm just kidding with you, Magik Man - but if you set yourself up like that, I can't pass it up.

In all seriousness, let me wish you a very heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS!!!!.

I'm glad to hear things are working out so well with you and "C1". [img]graemlins/lovestory.gif[/img]

I also agree that you did the right thing with C2. It shows a lot of class on your part to meet her in person and explain the situation face-to-face. There aren't many men that would be that considerate and thoughtful - especially towards a blind date they hadn't even met.

You're a Class-Act, Magik, and that is a rare quality. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 12:50 PM   #20
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
You did good to only decide to see one at a time, because where
E = embarassment,C = a ladies name starting with "C", and M = MagiK,
Its obvious that E=MC2...
Thanks a lot, YOU are responsible for pepsi coming out of my nose! I would have laughed my ass off had it not stung so much.