Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2002, 12:18 PM   #21
Epona
Zartan

I can rarely eat first thing in the morning. I usually have coffee & danish or fried egg buttie (sandwich) from the work canteen at around 10.30 though. Then I usually skip lunch.

I do sometimes like a full english breakfast. I *ehem* used to be vegetarian but I didn't half fancy a sausage a couple of weeks ago, so I thought maybe my body needed it so I ate some - and remembered how bloody good they taste. So I'm not veggie any more, and can now eat english breakfast when the mood takes me! (For the uninitiated this consists of fried eggs, sausages, bacon, baked beans, fried tomatoes, fried bread or toast, and sometimes black pudding - which is basically a big slice of sausage made from blood and fat). Usually only do that when I'm hungover which isn't often these days, or when I'm on holiday.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:21 PM   #22
myungbass
Manshoon

i used to think that breakfast was important because it would make me angry if i didin;t eat it....now i have an 8 am and a 10 am class, and i hate them so whether or not i eat breakfast i get angry...i actually lost 10 lbs NOT eating breakfast (which was just a bowl of cereal). Seeing as how i am a freshman in college i guess the freshmen 15 was a lie....or something:-p breakfast is overrated
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
Old 10-09-2002, 12:33 PM   #23
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I always eat breakfest. Through the week, it's usuallly creme cheese on a toasted bagel. On weekends, it's three eggs, 3 or four biskets and either sausage or bacon. Lot's of times I'll skip lunch on the weekends, especially if I'm going to the University of Tennessee Volunteers Football Game. Then I tailgate. I like going to Cracker Barrel and having the Country Boy Breakfest which has steak and eggs, biscuits, gravey, hash brown cassorolle, fried apples and grits. Oh and lots and lots of coffee! No such thing as too much coffee. I usually have two or three mugs of regular coffee and two or three of decafe. I like juice too when we have it.

Saz, you just need to get up a little earlier. This may mean... dare I suggest it... this may mean you'll have to stop playing CRPGs at little bit earlier too.

OK STOP THROWING THINGS AT THE COMPUTER!!! IT WAS JUST A SUGGESTION!
Old 10-09-2002, 01:05 PM   #24
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, it's not because of the CRPG's, actually...it's because I work first shift and my wife works 2nd shift, so the only time we get to *ahem* see *cough* each other is very very late night...

*sigh*

Not to mention that I'm a night owl who lives in a daytime-oriented world. [img]tongue.gif[/img] My best creative work I do at night.

Besides, I'm damned if I'm going to be a slave to anything, much less an alarum clock. Like I said, the not eating breakfast isn't really an issue because I have such an early lunch. I was just interested in finding out how others did and were they affected by it.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 10-09-2002, 01:15 PM   #25
Aviehenda
Dungeon Master

I never eat breakfast...I know it's the most important meal of the day..but I'm never hungry early in the morning [img]graemlins/eating.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 01:32 PM   #26
philip
Galvatron

I used to skip it but when getting hungry in the 1st or 2nd hour at school is worse than eating something when I'm not hungry.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:13 PM   #27
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Saz, I stop by the grocery store on the way to work and pick my breakfast up, and then eat it at the office while I'm waiting for them to set my first patients up. I also get to look at the paper, which puts me in a better mood. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 03:12 PM   #28
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Does beer count? Seriously, a bowl of cereal and a glass of berocca does it for me [img]smile.gif[/img]
I have lunch about 2pm usually so need something to get me through the morning.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:16 PM   #29
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Man, Attalus, I wish I could do that! Unfortunately, "no food in the computer labs of any kind." The students try to sneak in food, of course, but as a teacher, I've got to set a good example.

So it's "car" or nothing. Ah well!

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 10-09-2002, 05:02 PM   #30
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Man, Attalus, I wish I could do that! Unfortunately, "no food in the computer labs of any kind." The students try to sneak in food, of course, but as a teacher, I've got to set a good example.

So it's "car" or nothing. Ah well!

-Saz
Have you considered buying something on the way then having some sort of breakfast-related car accident, then suing whoever made the product for an obscene amount of money, so you never have to work again, freeing you up to have leisurely breakfasts at home? Unfortunately spilling something hot on yourself has been done but there's lots of diminished responsibility opportunities still out there

I'd keel over if I didn't have breakfast. When I finished school they were just starting a breakfast thing at the canteen. Lots of kids would go to school without eating because they didn't have time and their parents for whatever reason didn't provide anything for them, so the canteen opened before classes and sold fruit loaf and yoghurt and stuff. Was a good idea, it's so hard to concentrate when you're hungry. Plus if you ate in the morning you were less likely to buy dubious things like chip rolls at morning tea