Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2002, 02:58 PM   #51
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

hasnt this line of convo gone just a littttttttttle off topic? some of its plain nasty as well, maybe someone ought to close it.
besides, why bring up whats already dead and buried? or what *should* be dead. just a suggestion.
Old 06-10-2002, 03:03 PM   #52
Lord Shield

i.e., pack it in

I'm sure the mod swould rather you e-mailed THEM if you had any queries of suspended/bannedd members anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2002, 03:05 PM   #53
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
hasnt this line of convo gone just a littttttttttle off topic? some of its plain nasty as well, maybe someone ought to close it.
besides, why bring up whats already dead and buried? or what *should* be dead. just a suggestion.
But it's not dead and buried Calaethis. Why should pro-Nazi sentiment be vocalised, but an opposing view be censored merely because of it's empassioned detestation of genocidal totalitarianism?

Such is the consequence of voicing support for an idealogy people died to defeat.

Let it run its course.

Attalus, Epona, thanks for your kind words. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-10-2002, 03:15 PM   #54
Lord Shield

Witnesses at the abduction have come forth to a policec artist with a description. Will people please be on the lookout for this man:

he is believed to be an armed and has a non-national pilot's licence. His M.O is to insert sensors up the exit hole of his abductees

Old 06-10-2002, 04:07 PM   #55
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
But it's not dead and buried Calaethis. Why should pro-Nazi sentiment be vocalised, but an opposing view be censored merely because of it's empassioned detestation of genocidal totalitarianism?

Such is the consequence of voicing support for an idealogy people died to defeat.

Let it run its course.

Attalus, Epona, thanks for your kind words. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]...
what can I say to that? I *could* say, 'I dont care', but I wont. human nature really isnt that nice when you think about it, the problem with living with a democrazy is; anyone can express their veiws, however stupid, cruel or arrogent they may be.

It really *isnt* a very nice line of converstation; that was all I was saying. Maybe 'pro-nazis' factions are still around, but do they *really* need to be discussed here? I'm not saying they shouldnt, only, is it nesseccary? Just because you CAN do something, doesnt mean you SHOULD.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:07 PM   #56
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

what can I say to that? I *could* say, 'I dont care', but I wont. human nature really isnt that nice when you think about it, the problem with living with a democrazy is; anyone can express their veiws, however stupid, cruel or arrogent they may be.

It really *isnt* a very nice line of converstation; that was all I was saying. Maybe 'pro-nazis' factions are still around, but do they *really* need to be discussed here? I'm not saying they shouldnt, only, is it nesseccary? Just because you CAN do something, doesnt mean you SHOULD.
Mate, what are you suggesting? That pro-Nazi sentiment is allowed to be aired but criticism of it is not? That's ridiculously biased.

But that's how it sounds. If the sig and subsequent pro attitude wasn't raised, there would be no discussion making you feel uncomfortable.

So why take the discussion further off topic and try and censor the conversation? Just hit the back button of your browser.

Lord Shield I must apologise. I fear that I misread your post re. banned members. Sorry. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-10-2002, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-10-2002, 08:11 PM   #57
norompanlasolas

uss, im not really interested in this "discussion" because i think its pretty pointless, but i feel i should give you a little piece of advise (or 2, to be exact). because no matter how much i think you are as wrong as a person can be, it bugs me to see you hit from all sides, and the hits that will come. the first would be that you drop this line of discussion. it will get you nowhere, and fast. the only point to keep going is that you indeed like all the attention on yourself and get some kind of sick pleasure in having all your arguments rebuted and being attacked. if thats what you feel, bad for you. it wont last very long. and the 2nd. read. a lot. its the best cure against ignorance (in the good sense of the word). when you (and you alone) have read enough history from different sides you can discuss the issue with facts and not with hear-says caught from ramblings of a sibling.

anyways, do what you wish. you are old enough to decide for yourself.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:12 PM   #58
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I remember uss saying something along the lines of this in the WWII thread. It just needs to stop. The Nazi's did horrible things, and so did the Russians. Let it run its course, and hopefully it will not have to be brought up again
Old 06-10-2002, 09:23 PM   #59
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Norompanlasolas. you are in Spain. The last time I was there, we visited the Spanish Civil War Museum, and I talked to a LOT of Spaniards that are still pretty upset at things that happened, then.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:43 PM   #60
Lifetime
Red Dragon

IMHO uss this is one of those reasons why IW members sometimes..'disappear'..

Otherwise lets just stay on topic shall we (or at least pretend there was a topic in the first place)..
I dont think its too smart to open up a can of worms like this in a forum thats so socially and culturally diverse. Unfortunately too many people in the world today still have a bone to pick, Nazi, Russian or "evil Capitalist USA".