Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2001, 06:45 PM   #11
Lioness
Jack Burton

I joined June 3, 2001. BTW, you can see this is a person's profile.

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
The Lady Lioness of Castle Kerhelm
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe and the Promised Land
Official Restrainer of Table Dancers
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Emerald Dragoness of DOTW
Old 10-14-2001, 06:46 PM   #12
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
I joined June 3, 2001. BTW, you can see this is a person's profile.

I KNEW I should never have taken that four week vacation during which I had no contact with IW, it must be during that time you got more posts than me.

Old 10-14-2001, 06:48 PM   #13
Sorcerer Alex

Oh Gwhanos, is that you?! I didn't realise.... you seem so different these days
God yea, wouldn't it have been good to boss Cloudy around a little? "No Cloudy, we don't do that in here", or "No Cloudy, don't say things like that".... oh yes, love it, love it!

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-14-2001, 06:51 PM   #14
Lioness
Jack Burton

LOL! Imagins Cloudy's first post:

CB: Hi! I'm new here, it seems like a great forum, blah, balh,

Everybody: Hi Cloudbringer! Welcome! Hope you stick around(they didn't know what they were getting into!)

CB: I'll be the official welcome wagon!

CB: Welcoem, cb! Glad to have you, CB!

CB: thanx for the warm welcome, CB!

And that's how Cloudy got all her posts, by welcoming herself.

------------------

Lil' Angel
Old 10-14-2001, 06:52 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Ok, on the main IW page, it says online since 1994. Is there anyone here who has been around since then? (Besides Ziroc, duh!) Who, of the currently posting members, has been around the longest? When did it switch from the "blue board" to teh current brown? When did Cloudy join? Soes she actually have more than 6K posts, because memberships were cancelled? has Ziroc always been teh webmaster? Have Saz, Ertai, Memy, and Wyvern always been the mods? Is www.tgeweb.com Ziroc's site as well?

Just Curious George, I guess. I'll think of some more questions later.
I came aboard the blue board back in January of 2001, about 10 months ago. The new board came into being in March. I did have over 1000 posts (if memory serves me correctly) when this board began and we all started fresh. I posted almost exclusively to the BG2 board before this one began and GD was created.

Mems wasn't a mod when I came in as a member. That happened when we switched over here or right around that time. If I'm not mistaken, Saz was moderating hte Wizardry board then, though. Or at least right after we started up here.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-14-2001, 06:53 PM   #16
Sorcerer Alex

Haha.... oh yes, I do enjoy a bit of gossiping about everyone's favorite Cloudmistress....

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-14-2001, 07:00 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
Oh Gwhanos, is that you?! I didn't realise.... you seem so different these days
God yea, wouldn't it have been good to boss Cloudy around a little? "No Cloudy, we don't do that in here", or "No Cloudy, don't say things like that".... oh yes, love it, love it!
Snicker.. I'll find my first threads for you one day.. LOL.. and we had a LOT OF FUN back then.. in fact we mostly enjoyed sharing things and laughing when we were not talking about BG2, which was alot of the time..HAHA.. that's where GD came from , our off topic chats back on the old board.

Oh and I did get 'told off' once or twice for off topic but Z himself posted that it was ok, hehe.. so I knew it wasn't too bad. And I never bribed once! HAHA!

I spent a goodly amount of my posting time with Armisael, Memnoch, LadyZekke, Black Knight, Gabriel, Melusine, Wah, Charlie, Turbovee, Rikard and others. It was good to see our little board grow and become this new one. Sad in some ways but still, I think a good thing in the long run! I became the Welcome Wagon here after we'd been in our new 'home' for a while.

Cloudy, waxing nostalgic

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-14-2001, 07:03 PM   #18
Lioness
Jack Burton

Thanx O Great Cloudy One!
Does anyone know when IW was founded?

------------------

Lil' Angel
Old 10-15-2001, 12:06 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Thanx O Great Cloudy One!
Does anyone know when IW was founded?

1994. The old blue board used to have 6000 registered members, but I would guess that only 10% were active by the time we moved to the UBB. The truly ancient ones I remember are Rikard, Larry, Adhrael (Ertai), Jerome, Asphyxiate, Tobbin and Bahamut, who all preceded me (I joined as Memnoch in Nov 2000, a week after Armisael).

I first joined as lordkymil in October 2000. Those were the days when I was still a and I didn't have to worry about everyone else's behaviour, just my own!

Our board then suffered a catastrophic crash and I couldn't log back on. So lordkymil was laid to rest and Memnoch was born.

The ones who followed me were Wolfie, Stealthy, Ladyzekke, Wah, Melusine, Yorick, Moiraine and Charlie, to name just a few.

I remember that the first words I said to Cloudy when she joined were to stop spamming. Just kidding, I assured her that trolls and flamers had NO place here, and that she would be safe (as she was a refugee from a rather violent usenet split).

We DIDN'T have a Gen Con board then and the BG2 board became our Gen Con board. I remember this turning into a BIG issue (if issues could be big back then!) when some people didn't like the amount of off-topic they could see in the BG2 board. We came to an agreement BY OURSELVES with this.

A very important day for us was when Moiraine posted that she had had a car accident with her son. This was buried in the middle of another post and I doubt if she expected anyone to comment. Well, Yorick did, and posted a get-well-soon thread (our first real offtopic thread in BG2). It had 40 replies within a day (that was a lot back then). THAT was when we began to develop a soul and to realize that we did care for each other, more so than just being fellow gamers on a message board.

We didn't have an official moderator for 3 months but we got along just fine (we were smaller, though). We were very self-sufficient! Ziroc was very busy organizing the new UBB for us.

There was a W&W forum next door but it may as well have been on the moon. We didn't know Saz, adam warlock, Moni and Wyvern then. We were all happy in our little villages!

Any thread over 30 posts was considered looooonnnnnng and anything over 90 we started freaking out about. We stopped any thread over 100 posts as they could crash our very unstable board.

We had a twilight-zone of our own when we had a board crash around January, when all the thread titles got mixed up with the threads. We had to remember what was under each thread title. That was fun!

Very few of us had sigs back then. The only one I could remember was Asphyxiate for so long. None of us knew HTML, or Ultraboard code. Then one of us learned how to use IEEP to extract gifs from BG2. Thus, the genie, the black knight, the lich, and the red sorcerer were born.

Those days and those people were very important as they played a key role in shaping the board to have the culture and values that we have today. From a congregation of tiny hamlets we have grown into the Silverymoon of the web.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old 10-15-2001, 12:35 AM   #20
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Hehe yeah, I remember Ertai and Rikard's OHF threads when they were first organizing it and coming up with a name. They were like 60-70 post threads while all the other ones were 15 tops. I was around for a while back then, but then school called and I was away for a while. When I tried to come back it was a new board and my ID was gone so I didn't worry about it until recently. It was definitely a lot different back then, no sigs, mostly BG anf ToSC, with a W&W board off somewhere, and mucho speculation about BG2 and NWN. Everybdy was all excited about the Undermountain Project. Then we all got BG2 and things went kinda dead

Prime