Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2001, 03:45 AM   #1
White Knight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't get me wrong...I am powerful and smart enough to defeat the toughest demons, dragons, mages, etc. etc. in the game, but when I meet up with more then one or two MFs (like in the sewers...I was looking for Mekrath's dungeon, stupid me)...I get kicked around like the proverbial red-headed stepchild (whatever that means)...any good strategies to keep me from looking like a novice? I know this quest is optional, but I don't like to leave enemies unbeaten, escpecially since I know there are more of them guarding the last part of the Equalizer when I venture back into the Underdark to retrieve it.
Help!!!
Old 03-17-2001, 03:48 AM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

There are numerous posts on this topic. Try doing a search.

I just give my main fighter intelligence boosting potions and various protective magics and let him rip. I keep the others well out of harms way.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-17-2001, 03:51 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by White Knight:
Don't get me wrong...I am powerful and smart enough to defeat the toughest demons, dragons, mages, etc. etc. in the game, but when I meet up with more then one or two MFs (like in the sewers...I was looking for Mekrath's dungeon, stupid me)...I get kicked around like the proverbial red-headed stepchild (whatever that means)...any good strategies to keep me from looking like a novice? I know this quest is optional, but I don't like to leave enemies unbeaten, escpecially since I know there are more of them guarding the last part of the Equalizer when I venture back into the Underdark to retrieve it.
Help!!!

poitns and laughs, his face showing obvious discontempt yeah yeah me no gettin you wlong you stwunge that you can killsh de mightesht demans and dlagonsh but you cannot really killsh sh*t 'cause you cannot kill mindlayersh wut can I shay me got no shympathy for boashtful pride like shcumsh shuch ash yourshelf after the lecture, he seems content enough, so he settles down and began his real teaching now here be how you do it heh liten when me talking you liten gotit or me will be upshet which ish shometin you wouldn't like to shee not shaying me didnt warn ya caushe me did ne way the shweetesht way to do ish to SUMMON MAIKADEN'S SWORD becaushe there be no fleaking way a mindalyas can die a shword who got all reshishtenceh aye?
Old 03-17-2001, 04:09 AM   #4
White Knight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, guys...I guess I'll have to find the spell...ain't got it, haven't seen it (yet). By the way, 250, I'm sure it's come up before, but that is a weird accent...what part of the realms are you from (or are you one of those weirdos from "Solamnia", like in the planar sphere)...
Old 03-17-2001, 04:13 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by White Knight:
Thanks, guys...I guess I'll have to find the spell...ain't got it, haven't seen it (yet). By the way, 250, I'm sure it's come up before, but that is a weird accent...what part of the realms are you from (or are you one of those weirdos from "Solamnia", like in the planar sphere)...

jumps on his feet and his face twisted with anger HEY YOU!! ME WARNING YOU BITTER NOT INSHULT A CHINESHE WITH ALCOHOL WITHIN 50 METERSH CAUSHE WHEN ME SHTART ON YOU ME NOT GONNA LET GO AND ME NO SHTOP UNLESSH ME TARGET ISH DIED FOR GOODA AND ALSHO NOT COUNTIN ON ME SHYMPATHY CAUSHE ME GOT NONE FOR IDIOTSH ASH WELL ASH YOU SHOULD KNOW ME KILL FOR DA FUN OF IT!!!
Old 03-17-2001, 05:28 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Tired of your uber characters being hammered into the Amnian dirt by the intellect devourers? Your ego being bruised by the tentacled terrors? Click here for salvation!

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-17-2001, 08:05 AM   #7
Corinthian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Memnochs right,
Chaotic commands the way to go.Once you have done that mindflayers???pfffft !
I used to send Minsc and Keldorn and my PC(dwarven bereserker) with chaotic command into a room full of mindflayers and umberhulks.They are pretty much powerless once you have done this.
Old 03-17-2001, 11:33 PM   #8
deverece
Dungeon Master

Chaotic command isn't enough it, the mind control aspect is the ranged attack. Uber hulks can shred you up close and the flayers will stun you and destroy your mind while you stand there helpless. For the uber hulk cloud kill is lethal, you cast it near yourself, you take some damage before you get out of the cloud, but the ubers die real quick. For the Flayers, besides chaotic command, you need to use 'free action' spell to prevent stun, then they are almost helpless.
Old 03-18-2001, 07:38 AM   #9
Elhardo
The Magister

I find one trick that works in the Mind flayer Kingdom (area,whatever) Is, summon some monsters, open the door to the rom.. ( a lot of flayers have circular rooms) then send in your summoned monseters, at the same time casting cloudkill, stinking cloud, etc in the room..
THen before any monsters reach you close the door