Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2002, 09:43 PM   #1
pschub
Dungeon Master

If chapter five is concluded will the many subquests contained in the city of baldur's gate in that chapter disappear??
pschub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 09:46 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

not so far as I know but... things will get a bit harder if you try to go back to do them in a later chapter
Old 04-22-2002, 09:56 PM   #3
pschub
Dungeon Master

the doomguards invisible stalkers and helmed horrors are butt kicking for goodness sakes!! I cant seem to dent these obstacles and I was hoping to level up to improve my chances but based on the last reply that will not occur
Old 04-22-2002, 10:21 PM   #4
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

On esolution to your problem is how I did the quest. I just ran my thief in while he was hiding in shadows He made it all the way to the guy in hsi room. I talked got the quest then waited till hide came back up and ran for the door.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:50 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Don't worry, all of the quests that you started in Chapter 5 will still be there when you get back to the city. (You DID finish the 'Poison' quest before you left, right?) But now you have 2 little problems on your hands:
1) You're going to have to finish the quests from memory, as they're no longer in your journal. Once you start a new chapter of the plot, the last chapter gets erased.
2) Moving around in BG city is now a bit.....tricky.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:38 PM   #6
pschub
Dungeon Master

Greetings and salutations to all who hear this joyous report!
I with much haste, defensive allignment, bless, hill giant strenght and mostly entanglement was able to defeat all the badies in round one of the degroedel quest ( I guess I will have to fight them again)
I just entangled all the horrors, stalkers and doomguards and hacked and shot them to smitherenes!!!! I love this game !!! hehehe
hey sixofspades fellow washingtonian!!
btw I did finish the lothander/marek poisoning quest

[ 04-22-2002, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: pschub ]
Old 04-23-2002, 01:47 AM   #7
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Once you start a new chapter of the plot, the last chapter gets erased.
It's not erased, it's just paginated like the spell books.