Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2003, 11:37 AM   #1
BaRoN NiGhT

I was doing the Nalia quest thing, when I encountered a group of trolls which then I cast the web spell on them. They soon cannot move, but when I cast some spells on them to make them dead (with fires or acids) while they were webbed, their body fell down but then, appeared another troll on the place where the troll died. It seems that the trolls have duplicated themselves. I had to fight 8 trolls instead of 4. I tried the same thing with the umber hulks, but there is no problem with them. Ideas?
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 11:43 AM   #2
Xzirox
Manshoon

If I remember correctly there is some trolls that will duplicate on the second floor
Old 10-21-2003, 11:46 AM   #3
Feral
Elminster

I seem to recall that some of the trolls (though I don't remember which ones) split into two smaller ones when they die. Annoying, but not a bug.

Someone will almost certainly come along in a few minutes and tell you which kind of troll splits in two.

Ed: I see Xzirox beat me to the punch but also doesn't remember which trolls double your fun.

[ 10-21-2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Feral ]
Old 10-21-2003, 12:11 PM   #4
BaRoN NiGhT

No! It doesn't split into half. I know that split to half part. But this is not. It truly duplicates its ownself with the SAME size. Not HALF size just like what the split thing does. And this only happens when I use the web spell.
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:23 PM   #5
Feral
Elminster

Got me, then. That's a bummer (unless you're in it for the extra experience).
Old 10-21-2003, 12:59 PM   #6
Faceman
Hathor

Also experienced this bug. Do you get the extra XP? It seems that the trolls cannot die while stunned or webbed so they are able to regenerate and come back to life again.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:56 PM   #7
SillySorcerer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, sounds like a bug! I experienced a different but similar bug just last night-- I entered a crypt and encountered a Lich. I accidently clicked on the doorway and exited the crypt. The Lich followed me out and appeared just as I went back in. It followed me back and lo and behold-- Two Liches! Ha ha! Double the fun, I killed them both!
Old 10-21-2003, 02:09 PM   #8
Legos
The Magister

Same happened to me in Anath da Werewolfies lair...
Legos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:41 PM   #9
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

I think that the cause of this is the usage of Web.

The trolls most probably have a script which tells them to 'die', but since they are webbed and cannot move, the script doesn't trigger. It is kinda like when you hit trolls really quickly, and they don't fall. Perhaps this is why they duplicate. Either way, it doesn't matter. More EXP [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2003, 07:14 PM   #10
Xzirox
Manshoon

ouchy......it happend to me 15min ago O.o