Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2002, 09:24 AM   #1
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Manshoon

Party luck i had: found two whips very early in game (lower monastery)

Idea
4 Hobbits, 1 Dwarf, 1 Elf (nice combo i know)

1st)
Gollum, Hobbit Ninja, 2 Nunchakos (He is "my precious")
Idea:
he is the fastest healer in game, deals nice damage, and has the highest bonus weapons in game (15% KO), criticals doesn't count that much!
1 STR, 2 DEX, 3 SPD
3 Critical Hits
6 Maces/Close Combat/Dual (to keep them even)

2nd)
Galadriel, Elf Mage
the offensive spellcaster
3 INT, 2 PIE, 1 VIT
3 Wizardy, 3 Fire Magic, 3 Earth Magic

3rd)
Durin, Dwarven Priest
devensive spellcaster
3 PIE, 2 DEX, 1 INT
3 Divinity, 3 Divine Magic, 3 Water Magic

4th)
Bilbo, Hobbit Thief
but he doesn't wear the Thief Daggers - he has simple Stilettos (10% Critical Hits and he outranged the ninja in critical hits easily- maybe a program mistake)
charbuildup 3 STR, 2 DEX, 1 PIE
3 Daggers, 3 Dual, 2 Stealth, 1 Close

5th Peregrin + 6th Meriadoc, Hobbit Warriors!
charbuildup: 3 STR, 2 DEX, 1 PIE
Meriadoc
3 Swords, 3 Close, 3 Shield
Peregrin
3 Polearm, 3 Close, 3 Range

feedback welcome!
Old 01-28-2002, 12:36 PM   #2
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Ninja and Rogues are a bit overlapping. I would take a Ranger instead of one of them.

I would also take a samurai instead of a second fighter.

Just my €0.02
Old 01-28-2002, 01:16 PM   #3
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

You seem to be concentrating a lot on strength. Personally I would put some points in speed or senses to increase init.

The reason the rogue has more critical hits is the weapon has a base 10% chance of kill. The ninja's chance is based on his critical strike skill and the underlying attributes. If you gave them both weapons with the same critical chance, the ninja should do more critical hits.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 03:03 PM   #4
Erydian
Manshoon

I agree with Warhammer that your Rogue and Ninja sort of overlap, but I'd suggest a bard or gadgeteer instead (for some extra firepower). Or, if you wanted access to some psionic spells - a monk. You already have characters that can use spells from the Wizardy, Alchemy, and Divinity Realms, might be nice to have a psionic caster as well.

Generally speaking, I personally prefer to specialize in two statistics per character when distributing my level up points - that way I get to 100 (and those special skills) sooner. I usually choose the two that I feel best benefit the character, and distribute my level up points into those two categories until I've got them to the levels that I want them (in most cases, 100). At character creation, if possible, I divide my points into the two stats that I want to focus on, and then put the rest of them in other areas that I feel are important (usually the stat that I think I will be raising once I've maxed the other two). This is just something that I do, and something that works well for me; everyone has their preferences.

I also agree that speed and especially senses are of importance for your ninja, or really any character that has the ability to critically hit (kill) in combat. For your ninja, I'd put 3 points into SPD, and 3 into SEN. You won't see many criticals towards the beginning of the game (and less if you ignore senses), but you should later on, and I have a feeling you're going to like them.

You're definately going to want to up your INT and PIE for your mage. I usually don't bother with VIT until later on, and even then, I prefer SPD (for initiative). I just surround my casters with my meatshields, and usually they're ok. However, you might want to consider VIT for your priest - mine tends to get smacked around alot, and I'm definitely glad he's got the hps to survive the beating so he can heal the rest of us. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The two fighter bit is okay in my opinion. Not being hybrids, they'll develop faster, and if you do elect to take a monk or ranger instead of your rogue, you might want them. Ninjas, monks, samurai, etc. all tend to develop slower (and are therefore less effective at the beginning stages of the game) but they become extremely powerful at later levels.

Overall it sounds like a pretty good party. Have fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Erydian ]

Old 01-28-2002, 04:45 PM   #5
Durin the Deathless
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Go Durin!!!

Be careful Bilbo doesn't steal Gollum's rings! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Durin the Deathless is offline   Reply With Quote