Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2004, 11:47 PM   #1
myersklavin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I use an OSX mac to play SoAmn and I wondered if there are any mac players who have mods or hacks that I can use. I haven't been able to use any of those in this site - the space bar pauses the game so pressing control/space to get the command line up won't work. Perhaps I don't properly understand the hotkey setup, but I suspect that it's my platform. I'm sure there are other mac people out there who dig this game as much as I do...uh I hope
sp
Old 05-10-2004, 02:34 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Spacebar pauses the game in the PC version, too. Have you modifed the baldur.ini file, in your BG2 directory? Open it in a text editor (I think the Mac one is SimpleText), and add the line:
Debug Mode=1
Somewhere between the line that says Program Options, and the next line that's in a similar form (on the PC version, atleast, it's surround by [ ]). Note that that line is case and whitespace sensitive.

Now, when you go into the game it probably isn't control-space, like it is under Windows... probably Apple-Space or something.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 04:39 AM   #3
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

I played only BG1 on a Mac (OS 8.1, long time ago). But here is a Mac BG mods and customs site
http://ire.mainecoon.net/

[ 05-10-2004, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: Hank Parsons ]
Old 05-10-2004, 10:15 AM   #4
jcompton
Elminster

You can access many WeiDU mods if you have Mac OS X: there's a build of WeiDU for OS X and there are a couple of helpful people who will repackage the mods with the correct installer and substitute in the proper audiovisual decompression software for those mods that use special distribution formats (ogg, TISpack, etc.)
Old 05-10-2004, 11:15 AM   #5
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
I haven't played in awhile, but I do remember finding sites with Mac specific mods or versions of mods. Also, any mods that work by ONLY dropping files into your override folder should work just fine (some of the weapon fixes for example)

I no longer have the list of sites, but try a search for BG2 mac mods and you should be able to find some.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 11:43 AM   #6
myersklavin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Answering my own question -

Control-Tab is the key combo mac players must use to activete cheats (this according to the Balduran's Bar and Grill site-thx for the lead)
Old 05-13-2004, 12:34 PM   #7
myersklavin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Correcting my own answer to my own question:

I realized that I was editing the .ini wrong- using OS X app text editor will mess up something in the line. You have to use something like JEdit (available as shareware) or perhaps edit it in classic using BBEdit (haven't tried teach text) Control - Space is the correct combo.
I have been able to play with all the various cheats, except that control-T doesn't seem to cure the party like it's supposed to.
I killed the shadow dragon with control Y and felt horrible pangs of guilt, so I unsaved and went back...
Old 05-13-2004, 01:28 PM   #8
icelus
Manshoon

Several mods at the Pocket Plane Group (http://www.pocketplane.net) including Kelsey, Dungeon-Be-Gone, and Unfinished Business now have Mac-specific versions.

The same applies to Gibberlings Three (http://www.gibberlings3.net). The G3 TweakPack there is a must-have.
[url]\"http://modlist.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Infinity Engine Modlist</a> - Comprehensive, Interactive, and Up-to-date!<br />[url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Pocket Plane Group</a> and [url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">The Gibberlings Three</a> - your sources for quality IE mods
icelus is offline   Reply With Quote