Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 05:59 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

im still looking for fellow IW players who are playing eq2 now.

is it possible to meet up? I am in the najena server called harkbristle.

if you guys are in another server perhaps we can all agree and meet up into one server and dedicate it for fellow IW. there have been new servers released and apparently lag-free (if you know what i mean traveling around quenos or freeport)

oh yeah.. and a screen shot i took BB just recently. bunch of wierdo's we are. we had fun in BB and danced on top of a tree [img]tongue.gif[/img]

pls note: my computer specs is not the best so you have to bear with the poor video card graphics. i still enjoy it though [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 05:30 PM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I never got around to playing EQ1. So I would have to ask, is this any good? Is it worth shelling out the payments for? Tell me a bit about the game.

Cheers

Ross [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2004, 09:49 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:

if you guys are in another server perhaps we can all agree and meet up into one server and dedicate it for fellow IW. there have been new servers released and apparently lag-free (if you know what i mean traveling around quenos or freeport)

You mean if I buy a copy of the game I can meet you up? No matter what version the game copy is or where I bought it from?

Btw, why are you dancing there? one of the quest?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:41 PM   #4
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
I never got around to playing EQ1. So I would have to ask, is this any good? Is it worth shelling out the payments for? Tell me a bit about the game.

Cheers

sorry i dont have time at the moment to fully explain it. but you can look at luvians thread about MMORPGs if you want. Plus you can check out eq2 website for the information.

ill explain it later tonight but i have to head off now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-17-2004, 06:43 PM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:

You mean if I buy a copy of the game I can meet you up? No matter what version the game copy is or where I bought it from?

Btw, why are you dancing there? one of the quest?
[/QUOTE]nah we were just fooling around and ended up looking like sissies. [img]tongue.gif[/img] . and yes if you buy any copy, as long as you are in the right server with me, we can meet up [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-17-2004, 06:49 PM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Harks,

If I have some spare cash for christmas I may buy this game. How much is it ?

All you have to do now is tear me away from NWN LOL
Old 11-18-2004, 09:54 AM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
Hey Harks,

If I have some spare cash for christmas I may buy this game. How much is it ?

All you have to do now is tear me away from NWN LOL
90 AUD mate.. plus 20 AUD per month after... ill pm you about this.

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-18-2004, 10:17 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:

Cheers

the bit about the game??

eq2 is really fun when you have friends around playing it. that is why its MMORPG. the only problem is that if you dont have any friends playing then that can be of a problem. i have seen already several "couples" meaning married couples playing together online at the same time which i think is pretty cool. i have also seen people with friends playing together as well.

just imagine that your playing morrowind its exactly like that only that the people change and the people react to what you do and you recieve consequences to your actions. thats what eq2 is. and the world is really huge compared to morrowind.

when you play with friends its really fun but you can also go solo when you dont feel like grouping with other people (although highly not recommended by eq2 but its achievable)

there are 4 basic archetypes in the game which is healer, tank, rogue and mage each with different unique abilities which i feel gave a proper balance in the game. in each of those archetypes there is 3 classes and then there are 2 subclasses of the classes giving it a whole new feel of the game being unique. its really hard to say about the gameplay so if your really interested just look up eq2 homepage and it will tell you the basic summary of it.

if your still interested, check out this two webpages which has detailed instructions

http://eq2vault.ign.com/
http://clanwhitestorm.com/eq2info/

for lore (history)

http://clanwhitestorm.com/eq2lore/index.htm

and giving you a basic idea on how big the world is..
http://www.gry-online.pl/eq2/index.asp

which also features quests that were found in the game (although this is old news already and this website have not been properly updated yet me thinks they are playing eq2 as well .). as you can see in this webpage that there are dozens of quest around plus dont be fooled by the map.. its really huge!

one thing i like about this as well is the housing [img]smile.gif[/img] and possibility to become a merchant and own pets

if you want to learn more, i really suggest checking out those webpages and just have a looksie [img]smile.gif[/img] . it has alot of content

oh yeah... if your going to buy the game.. make sure you get the requirements for your computer. its really hefty (as bad as doom 3 or halo 2 requirements)

hope this helps.

edit: oh yeah.. i just explained the good side about eq2 and i think, in good conscience, to let you know about what you are also getting into.

you are going to need lots of time!! that is for sure. ive spend nearly 50+ hours in a week playing eq2 so you can see its very addicting. also once i got the initial ferver out of the way, i can play normally now. be warned that once your hooked you might be prone to become an evercrack which some people cant control themselves. which has also given eq2 a bad name.

another thing most people complain about this game is the monthly fees and the hefty computer upgrade but im sure we can argue back and forth and be awake for a week with no change about it. its really up to you if you want to shell out that money

the last but not the least. dont let eq2 run your life. in an MMORPG setting, you can meet alot of people who are really cool and friendly but just like in the real world you will find jerks along the way, and people complaining left and right plus people giving your a bad mouthing with childish antics. just ignore them and dont let them get to your nerves. i have already encountered and witness some people being like that and i ignored them. its really sad to see players getting all riled up with exp debt (its part of the game play which you have to read under the topic of "dying" . ) 1 group got pissed at me for leading them into a merry walk around then experienced a total wipe out (group dying accumulates exp debt as well) one guy sure got pissed about it. all some people think about is getting the best sword, highest level and stuff but its also really about fun

there are also some selfish people out there by just grouping and leaving your group once they have acheived what they were looking for (quest and stuff).

like i said there are both positive and negative comments out there and i hope i can give you an eye opener on both sides (i dont want it in my conscience to have you buy it and not like it). just research about it first and think about what you are getting in to. that is all i recommend. i for one just joined a guild and made friends there [img]smile.gif[/img] so its pretty cool really joining up with them sometimes. ive met people who are really mature as well. there will be pro's and cons in this game mate.

[ 11-18-2004, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-19-2004, 08:50 PM   #9
evolghoul
Elite Waterdeep Guard

anyone know how bad the lag is with dialup
is it not worth getting if you only have dialup?
mine only connects at 26.4k
evolghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:11 PM   #10
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by evolghoul:
anyone know how bad the lag is with dialup
is it not worth getting if you only have dialup?
mine only connects at 26.4k
i honestly dont know mate. 26.4 speed is pretty slow. 56K players should have no problem with the game. the only problem is that the upgrade which can be pretty slow.

recommended for WOW and EQ2 is at least 56k me thinks.

Catch me if you can..