Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 07:52 PM   #1
Lord Splynncryth
Welcomed New User

Hello all.. I am making great progress on my current design, but I am having a big hangup; I need to figure out a script to make 'readied' items like armor have hit point values.. Maybe add an amount to a character's max Hit Points. Does anyone know what the script for that might be?

Thanks!
-Lord Splynncryth
Lord Splynncryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 06:53 PM   #2
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Well, to give the man a bit more info, how would this be used? (BTW, the man in question is CocoaSpud) For example, Are you using this for the "Item Saving Throw Chart"? (Speaking of "the man", CocoaSpud is there any way to augment the current data on the item list to include saving throw charts???)

For the logic of "giving" hitpoints wouldn't necessarily work if you were wounded and had the "given" hit points were all that was keeping you alive and you went and un-readied an item...

If you were working out a system where the weapon took "X" amount of wear and tear before breaking, then you would have a decent system going (especially if you had to pay for repairs, and upkeep on the weapons. If I remember correctly the Sega master system (waaaaaaayyyy back!) had a game that had that.)

Just something to think about.
SilentThief
Old 09-15-2002, 11:35 PM   #3
Lord Splynncryth
Welcomed New User

Well, I was thinking of a system where the armor has a hit point value, and would take damage if the character was "hit", and the character wouldn't take any damage until the armor was destroyed (armor HP exceeded). I'm not sure if there would be a way to do any of this, but I am determined to find a way.. Of course, then we are faced with the dilemna of seperating armor "repair" and magical healing; but those are secondary issues for me at this stage

..Aargh! I'm obsessed with this game!
-Lord Splynncryth
Lord Splynncryth is offline   Reply With Quote