Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
Raffin
Dungeon Master

This may be old news, but I've stumbled over something strange on IWD 1-when you purchase an item that fits into a bag (such as scroll case, etc.) and the purchasing character has the bag open (as if to sell) when he/she clicks buy, you get a discount over the non-bagged item.

It ranges from half of one percent to about twenty percent.

Same thing when you sell, but, of course, then it's best to take it out of the bag (they don't want your bag back?

I have the Ease of Use Mod installed, this may effect things. BTW-Does anyone know where I can get a mod that has a Bag of Holding in IWD 1 that doesn't crash the game when I click on it? The version of the EoU Mod I have causes a crash to desktop whenever I try to right click-perhaps an error in the description?

-Raffin
Raffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:08 AM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

The bags are treated as special types of stores in the IE engine, which explains the price discrepancies.

Do you have How/TotLM installed? If so, there are bags of holding available that don't crash the game. If you decide to go that far, you might as well also get Auril's Bane. Look for posts by Grog; he's got the link for AB.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:28 AM   #3
Raffin
Dungeon Master

I have HoW and ToL installed.

I've strongly considered adding Auril's Bane, since the forum feedback on their site has been good, but it would mean dropping Ease Of Use, which has some really necessarily improvements, IMO.

Does Auril's Bane or any compatible mods have, for instance, the "you can stack more than 20 arrows" fix? How about the holding bags (minus bag of holding) earlier in the game? The one thing I strongly dislike about IDW 1 vs IWD 2 is that 2 gives you a BoH early on, getting rid of the silly quest for inventory management that becomes really rough (especially once you hit Kresselack's Tomb of freebees [img]smile.gif[/img] . I end up having to either lose items, or come back every five minutes to sell off more 1-2 gold piece items, and that distracts from the plot, puzzles, quests, and pure beatdown [img]smile.gif[/img]

But, like I said, I'd definately be interested-any hints as to what mods might help make gameplay easier, perhaps that work with Auril's Bane?

Also, what part, in general, is the BoH in IWD 1? Dragon's Eye? Dorn's Deep? Or is it inside the expansion areas for the expansion side-quests?

Thanks for your help!
-Raffin
Old 10-19-2005, 02:55 PM   #4
Grog
Dungeon Master

Auril's Bane does increase the stacking number for ammunition. After some user requests IIRC it set to 500. There's a new merchant in Kuldahar that sells a 'wolfskin bag', there are also two ammo belts.

You might want to check out Giberling 3's DaleTweak mod, as it is compatible with Auril's Bane.
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:14 AM   #5
Raffin
Dungeon Master

Thanks! I think I'll try that, and maybe the 3rd Edition Conversion Mod (probably have the name wrong)-both look good.

-Raffin
Old 10-21-2005, 05:27 AM   #6
Raffin
Dungeon Master

Grog,

Thanks for the pointers! I've installed AB, DaleTweaks, and 3rd Edition Conversion, and it makes for a great trio! I like the changes in Easthaven and Kuldahar-the early spells and extra spells makes it far more tempting to DC my fighter-mage early (though so far only my bard has spells).

One question, though-I still can't find the wolfskin bag. I've checked the normal stores, and, while their other inventory shows up fine (including cool new items-kudos there!) no wolfskin bag. Also checked with paladin of helm in Inn, and priest seller in temple.

Is it from the drow duo in the tavern? I couldn't get them to sell me anything, though they looked interesting enough. The Drow bits were a nice touch. Or maybe it's a area-leveled item like the ones Orrick sells later?

If you could tell me where to look, I'd be extremely grateful. As it is, I'm enjoying the mod quite a bit, but would love to have tha bag to complete my collection [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Raffin
Old 10-21-2005, 06:10 AM   #7
Grog
Dungeon Master

I'm glad you're enjoying the MOD

He's in the Tavern stading next to the bar in Kuldahar [img]smile.gif[/img] I think his 'tool tip' / 'hover text' whatever says "Ranger" IIRC.

A little spoiler about the drow:
If you talk to them with either of the two Drow custom PCs that came with AB, you can have a conversation with them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-21-2005, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Grog ]
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Old 10-21-2005, 05:06 PM   #8
Raffin
Dungeon Master

Grog-Thanks for the tip on the Drow-I'll probably use them in my next party...which may be fairly soon-lots of fun stuff to experiment with [img]smile.gif[/img]

As to the Ranger, the contents of the Tavern are:

Barmaid
Tavernkeeper
Commoners
2 Drow

Now the male Drow is right next to the Tavernkeeper. Is it possible he's preventing the Ranger from spawning (figuratively)? If so, would saying "Die Drow Scum!" and killing him and his friendly lady drow clear the space? Would it sic the townspeople on me?

I've tried talking to all the commoners/townsfolk, and none of them have anything unusual to say (besides the normal spiels). There's one in the far right center edge I can't get to because of table placement, but he's dressed normal and has a normal talking name.

Or do you mean Isildur? He's got some cool stuff to buy in the Inn, but no bag. Or perhaps this is level/area specific? Like Orric?

Lovin' the mod...just a bit stumped here.

If needs be, I can reload with a new party and butcher the drow scum before he takes the friendly ranger's barstool...okay, that was just fun to say

-Raffin
Old 10-22-2005, 11:41 AM   #9
Grog
Dungeon Master

here you go [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 02:27 PM   #10
Raffin
Dungeon Master

Okay, that clears it up-I'm obviously missing a file somewhere, or he didn't spawn. In the exact place he should be is a townsperson (graphic sitting with legs open at 90 degree angle).

Would a correct copy of the file for that character/seller fix this? Reinstall the mod? Some command or code to replace Townsperson with Ranger or place Ranger here?

I've played some IWD 1 and 2, but I'm a newbee when it comes to the modding and fixing.

Thanks for your help,
Raffin