Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2002, 01:40 AM   #1
Oruboris

How do I get by the trang guards near the teleporter without killing them? First game, I killed them with no ill effects, other than being 'neutraled' by most of the trang. Now, though, if I kill 'em, all the trang become hostile...

Is there an alternate route I haven't found, or a way of getting past them?

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 05:54 AM   #2
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

There are a couple of ways. If you opened the big metal hatch from the underside, you can get to the teleporter from the other side. If you're in LMB near Z'Ant, and want to go the quick way, get close to the T'Rang who say to "go away" or whatever, initiate combat far enough away, but don't fight them, just run past them to the other side, end combat and go that way. You'll notice that if you start combat, they'll stay green on your radar. They won't go hostile unless you actually do damage to them. Make sure you run until your movement bar is all the way gone so you don't cast any spells or use any items.
Old 06-10-2002, 03:36 AM   #3
Oruboris

I like that second solution-- very clever!

But was never able to find out how to open the iron trapdoor-- would appreciate a [very very strong] nudge [shove] in the right direction...

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 06:05 AM   #4
armakh
Manshoon

Easier way that I just found out for my second run through....

Remember the staircase that takes you to MB from LMB that you need to flip the switch so that you can get into the door that holds the idol? There are two exits from that area...one will take you back the way that you came, but at the other end of that very small area of MB, there is a staircase that takes you to the area behind the door that only opens for the T'rang youngers. You get to the teleporter without any warnings or fights with the T'rang, and everyone remains happy.
Old 06-10-2002, 10:59 AM   #5
Discopalace
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found the run-in-combat-mode approach quite easy. Thanks a ton for the tip! And of course, leave a portal in the teleporter room too [img]smile.gif[/img]
Discopalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 07:22 PM   #6
otter
Elminster

Yah, and once you find the stairs to the teleporter, keep going down the hall past it to open the trapdoor, and you can go back around to the catapult, get the T'rang arm and wires to fix the teleporter, or go right up to the idol, if you've got that far already. Having the trapdoor open right away my first time through makes a lot of stuff easier--i'm usually around L7-8 here, no Portal. Opening the trapdoor connects all parts of MB, if you also unlocked both doors to Z'ant.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 10:16 AM   #7
Bomb
Dungeon Master

Spoil me big time. The stairs to the teleporter are... where? And the telporter is behind the iron door from where that trail of slime goes along the floor from that what-ever-it-is-with-blinking-lights thingy?

Edit: nevermind, found what I was looking for. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-14-2002, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Bomb ]
Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote