Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2003, 10:12 PM   #11
wellard
Dracolisk

I'm sure that I have had the keep and the Guild strongholds running at the same time. Without any mods, apart from the official patch.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:28 AM   #12
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm running my first game with the Weimer Mods installed, and it has had an *interesting* effect on the strongholds, to say the least.

I did not download the "multiple stronghold" mod (at least not deliberately), so what is happening in my game is very surprising.

I'm playing a straight assassin. The first stronghold I got was the Thieves Guild from Mae'var. Nothing unusual about that - in fact, it was expected. Then I decided to head for De'Arnise Keep to get some good experience. Upon completing the quest, I go outside to speak with Nalia (I did not let her join the party). During the discussion, she offers to let me take over De'Arnise Keep because I'm obviously a strong fighter-type. Well - OK - I suppose I could see how she might make that mistake (after all, I don't openly advertise that I'm an assassin - but my options changed the one time I did *see below*).

This morning, I completed the Planar Sphere quest. In the end, I took Lavok outside so that he could die underneath the sky of his homeworld. He thanked me profusely and then offered me the Planar Sphere, since I was obviously a mage of power just like him.

WHAT????? [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] I could see Nalia possibly mistaking my guy for a fighter, but there is no way he could be mistaken for a mage!!!! Ah well, who am I to complain. I mean, it was the guy's dying wish..so it is only right that I honor it. OK, OK, I'm just a greedy sonuvagun who isn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth. Lavok gave the Sphere to me so I will be happy to run it and gain those extra items for Edwin to use to further our career.

One note about the De'Arnise Keep, the key turning point in the dialogue seemed to be when Nalia said there might be away to get around her arranged marriage. The first time, I played it subtle and just asked if she wanted her fiance' to "disappear". No, she didn't want that, but she did want me to become Lord of he Manor. Just for kicks and giggles, I re-loaded the game and went through the same dialogue. This time, when she wanted to get out of her marriage, I offered to just kill her fiance' outright. That changed my options (since I had proven I wasn't a fighter type) and Nalia did NOT offer me the Keep that time (fortunately, I had Saved my previous attempt...so I am now a Lord/Mage/Guildmaster.

Now I'm just waiting for the Order of the Radiant Heart to offer me a membership. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2003, 08:00 PM   #13
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Cerek, did you happen to choose the option of Installing all Ease of Use components ??
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 03:12 AM   #14
Cerek the Barbaric

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
Cerek, did you happen to choose the option of Installing all Ease of Use components ??
Yes, I did
Old 07-15-2003, 08:14 AM   #15
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
Yes, I did [/QUOTE]Well that explains it then [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2003, 08:31 AM   #16
Cerek the Barbaric

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Well that explains it then [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hmmmm....I didn't know it would do that. Will the multiple stronghold quests interfere or mess up any of the others?

I went back to the Thieves Guild last night to check on the progress of my employees. After an updated report, my second-in-command told me to check with Lathan (the contact from Renal Bloodscalp) because there might be some new business to attend to - but Lathan was nowhere to be found.

Of course, it's also time to pay my Guild Dues to Renal and the guy that is supposed to collect the money hasn't shown up yet either...so maybe I just have to rest for a day. I sure hope so. My assassin is loving the fact that he is Lord of a large Keep and now has the Planar Sphere to play with too....but I don't want them at the expense of my Thieves Guild.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:09 PM   #17
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
quote:
Well that explains it then [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hmmmm....I didn't know it would do that. Will the multiple stronghold quests interfere or mess up any of the others?

I went back to the Thieves Guild last night to check on the progress of my employees. After an updated report, my second-in-command told me to check with Lathan (the contact from Renal Bloodscalp) because there might be some new business to attend to - but Lathan was nowhere to be found.

Of course, it's also time to pay my Guild Dues to Renal and the guy that is supposed to collect the money hasn't shown up yet either...so maybe I just have to rest for a day. I sure hope so. My assassin is loving the fact that he is Lord of a large Keep and now has the Planar Sphere to play with too....but I don't want them at the expense of my Thieves Guild.
[/QUOTE]It *is* buggy. It *can* cause problems.
Always read what a mod does to your game before you install it. The Ease-of-Use components are documented both at Weimer's site and in the readme. And then you could look through the list of components on install, one of them is called "Multiple Strongholds" - not too confusing, I wouldn't think ?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 06:34 PM   #18
Davros
Takhisis Follower

This is my first time through Cerek [img]smile.gif[/img] so I am no expert. I do have the ease of use mod installed. I didn;t select all, but I did select the multiple strongholds. I didn't get offered the keep though and this seems to go on how you respond to a certain question from Nalia as well .

As to the thieves guild - I have noticed that the quota master isn't there 50% of the time when I go to collect and pay my money. If I go over to the Sea's Bounty and rest for 8 hours though, he has always been there when I return.

From what I see - Lathan only has the conversations withyou regarding Anna and Khretor (the pickpocket). If you have done those it keeps telling you to check in with him but nothing new comes along.

Having all the strongholds would be cool I think - I'm a bit miffed I didn;t get the keep.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:18 PM   #19
Cerek the Barbaric

Quote:
This is my first time through Cerek [img]smile.gif[/img] so I am no expert. I do have the ease of use mod installed. I didn;t select all, but I did select the multiple strongholds. I didn't get offered the keep though and this seems to go on how you respond to a certain question from Nalia as well .

As to the thieves guild - I have noticed that the quota master isn't there 50% of the time when I go to collect and pay my money. If I go over to the Sea's Bounty and rest for 8 hours though, he has always been there when I return.

From what I see - Lathan only has the conversations withyou regarding Anna and Khretor (the pickpocket). If you have done those it keeps telling you to check in with him but nothing new comes along.

Having all the strongholds would be cool I think - I'm a bit miffed I didn;t get the keep.
You're right, Davros. The offer from Nalia seems to hinge on your response to her suggestion about using the "old customs" to get out of the pre-arranged marriage. The "pivotal question" has about 5 different options for you to choose.

Number 4 - Your character asks Nalia if she wants the fiance' killed. I didn't choose this option the first time because it just seemed a little too blatant. Most assassins aren't going to ask about committing a murder in front of any guards - especially some he has never met before. When I re-loaded and chose this answer (just to see what happened), Nalia becomes aware of my true profession and does NOT offer to let me run the Keep.

Number 5 - This answer was only slightly different, but it made a WORLD of difference in Nalia's reaction. Instead of offering to kill the fiance', I offered to "make him disappear" (which is the same thing as killing him to an assassins way of thinking). This option seemed to please Nalia more. I guess she DOES want him dead, but she just doesn't want to admit it to herself and doesn't want to know about it if it occurs.

I don't remember the first 3 responses, because none of them sounded like something my assassin would say (and I don't remember which option I chose when I played Cerek the Wizard Slayer). I'm sure somebody is close to completing the De'Arnise quest, or has just finished, or has just done it enough times to where they could remember all the possible choices offered in response to Nalia's proposal.

LennonCook - I did read the documentation on the Ease-of-Use Mod before installing. I also went back and read over it again today. There is no mention of it being "buggy" or incompatible with any of the other Mods I downloaded. I'm just hoping my experience will be the same as Davros' - that the guys don't actually show up until after I've rested for 8 hours.