Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2003, 01:50 PM   #1
Midget Gems

One of the best things about BG1 is the diverse range of NPC's to choose from. Also so many of them are wacko people with serious attitude problems, which can really spice things up - to the point where they kill each other. It takes a smart leader and a good deal of Charisma to stop things geting out of hand.

Having said that, it's been a while since my guys had a bust-up. Some time back Tiax and Quayle came to blows and then just the other day Kegain turned on Yeslick and reduced my party of small folk to one Dwarf short of a load. Previously I had hopes that Eldoth and Shar-teel might go a few rounds but they were all talk and no action. Which just leaves J & K to fight Monty & Xzar, which I guess a lot of people have seen before. And that's about it, unless you know differently?

Also the timing of their arguments is so unpridictable, they love to stop and argue in the middle of something important. But at the end of the day their crazy dialog makes it all worthwhile.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:23 PM   #2
Jan

Ha ha yeah. You got that right.

Well I haven't seen much of that in BGI as I have a good party and have turned all the evil NPC's down. However, all that fighting and stuff happened in BG2 (ohh boy) and at the most weird times and places.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:11 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

I have the feeling you would like PS:T a lot. See if you can get it. While theres not much choice in NPCs, the ones you get are excellent. There isnt anyone even approaching normal among them. No humans, elves, dwarves or any other "standard" race. And the dialogue is pretty good as well.
Old 03-09-2003, 01:22 AM   #4
Jan

PS:T? Is that Planescape Torment (nevermind the spelling)?
Old 03-09-2003, 04:02 AM   #5
Midget Gems

I know what you mean about PS:T, it is so different from other RPGs. I only played it for a bit, then the CDs started acting-up.

I had another thought about my fighting NPC's - it was Yeslick (Lawful Good) who started the fight with Kegain (Evil). Strange bit of roleplaying in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:20 AM   #6
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

You also have the Dynaheir and Edwin combo. Normally they don't last that long.

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 03-10-2003, 10:49 AM   #7
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

Viconia and Ajantis require constant pulling of the reigns. Kivan has thus far dissapointed me, and kept his mouth shut with the exception of frequently kissing Ajantis's ass. I wonder about those two...

Anyway, I don't think Ajantis's problem is truly alignment-oriented. I think he's got Menzoberranzan fever, and Viconia won't give him the time of day. Bloody racist pig!
Old 03-10-2003, 07:08 PM   #8
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Midget Gems:

Some time back Tiax and Quayle came to blows and then just the other day Kegain turned on Yeslick and reduced my party of small folk to one Dwarf short of a load.
I've got a feeling you really like the shorties. Do you have all 4 of them in party?
Old 03-10-2003, 07:19 PM   #9
Arias De'Minal
Manshoon

My first time ever though I had olayed for hours and finally got to the battle in the mines. I had a party of Me (ranger) Imoen Jaheira Khalid Monty Xzar. Unfortunatly in the middle of the final battle in the mines, They decide now is the good time to finish things, and leave me and Imoen to Die to a horde of Kabholds and Skeletans.....
Old 03-11-2003, 10:51 AM   #10
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

99.99 % of the population have an attitude proble.
Me? What? I DO NOT HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM HOW DAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, most of the NPCs do.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote