Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2002, 06:05 AM   #1
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

I know that bards have excess to wizard spells and that they learn it slower, but can they learn Level 9 spells in SoA? Man, soloing a Jester in SoA with the Sola Mod v 71 is hard... I am really having trouble with the game right now...
Can't even complete that simple thief quest(improved?). Also, does the spell Chromatic Orb petrify targets? It didn't say it can in the manual.
Old 08-31-2002, 06:29 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Bards can get up to level 6 spells in SOA.
And no, Chromatic Orb doesn`t petrify. It can blind, inflict pain, burn, stun, cause weakness or parylise; aswell as causing damage.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 06:46 AM   #3
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Well then something went wrong, coz I petrified a enemies using the spell Chromatic Orb, and my jester was on level 10, the guy I petrified is that Slaver captain. Now what do u call that? I'd call it a bug, a VERY cool bug...
Old 08-31-2002, 07:16 AM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Irenicus:
I know that bards have excess to wizard spells and that they learn it slower, but can they learn Level 9 spells in SoA?
No, both Bards and Mages can't memorize level 9 spells in SoA. They can cast it from scrolls.

Quote:
Can't even complete that simple thief quest(improved?).
Yes, the Improved Mea'Var is indeed much tougher. Try gaining a few more levels.

Quote:
Also, does the spell Chromatic Orb petrify targets? It didn't say it can in the manual.
Accroding to the Manual, no, but maybe you got the paralyzing effect?
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 07:23 AM   #5
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Irenicus:
I know that bards have excess to wizard spells and that they learn it slower, but can they learn Level 9 spells in SoA?
No, both Bards and Mages can't memorize level 9 spells in SoA. They can cast it from scrolls.

Quote:
Can't even complete that simple thief quest(improved?).
Yes, the Improved Mea'Var is indeed much tougher. Try gaining a few more levels.

Quote:
Also, does the spell Chromatic Orb petrify targets? It didn't say it can in the manual.
Accroding to the Manual, no, but maybe you got the paralyzing effect?
[/QUOTE]No, I didn't get the paralyzing effect. I got the Petrify effect, it said in the battle text window, PETRIFIED. After petrifying that slaver captain, I got my XP, and then I walked up to him(in stone shape) and whacked him with my spear and he just crumbled to the groundd in pieces.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:56 AM   #6
Alson
Galvatron

Hmmm... That's weird!
Must be a bug.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Old 08-31-2002, 08:46 AM   #7
Arwyn the Betrayer
Manshoon

That's not a bug, that's a lack in the manual.
Chromatic Orb can petrify later and after level 11 or 12, it can instantly kill.
I used the petrify-ability on the Shadow Dragon. Was an easy kill (was already down at injured, though).
Arwyn the Betrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 10:26 AM   #8
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Arwyn the Betrayer:
Chromatic Orb can petrify later and after level 11 or 12, it can instantly kill.
I used the petrify-ability on the Shadow Dragon. Was an easy kill (was already down at injured, though).
Pertified a dragon?! With Chromatic Orb?!
Talking about luck! Dragons already have low saves, and the Orb effect has another +6 BONUS to the throw...
You lost the loot, i assume?
Old 08-31-2002, 11:55 AM   #9
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

As far as I know Bards will never in any circumstance be able to memorize 9th level spells, no matter how high their level might be, but then I might be mistaken.
Old 08-31-2002, 12:39 PM   #10
Arwyn the Betrayer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
quote:
Originally posted by Arwyn the Betrayer:
Pertified a dragon?! With Chromatic Orb?!
Talking about luck! Dragons already have low saves, and the Orb effect has another +6 BONUS to the throw...
You lost the loot, i assume?
[/QUOTE]Well....
1) I used Greater Malison and Doom first.
2) I used Chromatic Orb to petrify the dragon - I don't know what the save is, but I know that when it kills instantly, it's just a measly save vs. death.
3) I got experience.
4) I felled the dragon with a Flame-Arrow from Edwin.
5) I collected the loot.

That was everything. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Arwyn the Betrayer is offline   Reply With Quote