Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2002, 11:21 PM   #21
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
He is still alive. Dont believe any of the propaganda that the american government gave out. They screwed up in Afghanistan, and they know it.
i don't agree on this one. The taliban is crushed so they didn't srew up. Even if bin laden is still alive, at least that is a positive thing. However, i think i'll never have piece with the thought that this scumbag is still breathing somewhere and possibly planning another sick action[/QUOTE]of course i ment "screw up" (damn alcohol) lol
Old 04-27-2002, 12:39 AM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander:
Everyone has the right to a fair trial.

Including monsters like bin Laden.
you think so ? As far as i'm concerned he lost his human rights on 11 september last year,and so did the people who back him up. They don't took the time for trials either, they simply decided that everyone who doesn't worship allah is an enemy and must die. they also gave America a new name: the great satan ( no, that's not a cool new rpg). Tell me, how does one reason with people who think like that ?
Old 04-27-2002, 01:22 AM   #23
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
quote:

you think so ? As far as i'm concerned he lost his human rights on 11 september last year,and so did the people who back him up. They don't took the time for trials either, they simply decided that everyone who doesn't worship allah is an enemy and must die. they also gave America a new name: the great satan ( no, that's not a cool new rpg). Tell me, how does one reason with people who think like that ?[/QUOTE]So, do we prove that we're better than them by killing each and every one of them on the spot?

Of course not, we prove we're better than them by giving them all a fair trial - that is how we defeat them, through justice and fairness. Vengeance will only give them the last laugh, because we will have sunk to their level.
Old 04-27-2002, 02:29 AM   #24
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Of course not, we prove we're better than them by giving them all a fair trial - that is how we defeat them, through justice and fairness. Vengeance will only give them the last laugh, because we will have sunk to their level.
You have touched upon a point that would cause many people to stop and question the foundation of this country: do the rights granted in the Bill of Rights extend to everyone or only Americans? Many people would balk at extending those privileges to suspected terrorists, but unless you apply those rights universally they become nothing more than pretty words on paper.
On the other hand, I do agree with the use of military tribunals for those who are currently being detained in Cuba. As members of a military organization (I consider Al Quaeda to have been the de facto military of Afghanistan) they become subject to military law, not civil or criminal law.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 04-27-2002, 09:47 AM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
quote:
quote:

you think so ? As far as i'm concerned he lost his human rights on 11 september last year,and so did the people who back him up. They don't took the time for trials either, they simply decided that everyone who doesn't worship allah is an enemy and must die. they also gave America a new name: the great satan ( no, that's not a cool new rpg). Tell me, how does one reason with people who think like that ?[/QUOTE]So, do we prove that we're better than them by killing each and every one of them on the spot?

[/QUOTE]i don't think fairplay will do the job, if you wanna beat guys like this the only way is to play it dirty, just like they do. Sometimes it's better to forget about the rules
Old 04-27-2002, 09:57 AM   #26
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
QUOTE]i don't think fairplay will do the job, if you wanna beat guys like this the only way is to play it dirty, just like they do. Sometimes it's better to forget about the rules[/QB]
By your logic, Bin Laden is perfectly justified in terrorist actions like Sept-11th as He Is trying to defeat the terrorist (from his perspective & rhetoric) Nation of America.
It works both ways, If you wish to preserve the rules you must follow them.

“He who fights with monsters should look to see that he himself does not become a monster. For when you gaze long into the Abyss, The abyss Gazes long into you.”

Basically Bin Laden is biting the hand that fed him,
Namely The USA.
Perhaps America should be looking closer to home for the real Criminals.

[ 04-27-2002, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Dramnek_Ulk ]

Old 04-27-2002, 03:31 PM   #27
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]i don't think fairplay will do the job, if you wanna beat guys like this the only way is to play it dirty, just like they do. Sometimes it's better to forget about the rules
[/QUOTE]We may kill him if we "fight dirty", but he will die with a smile on his face, knowing that he has single-handedly made our Constitution a totally worthless and meaningless document.

America is a land where supposedly everyone - everyone - gets just treatment. Not "some people", or "most people", or "all but one person", everyone. We must adhere to this stance if we want the USA to be considered a fair and just country - even when it's not convenient.
Old 04-27-2002, 06:49 PM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]We may kill him if we "fight dirty", but he will die with a smile on his face, knowing that he has single-handedly made our Constitution a totally worthless and meaningless document.

America is a land where supposedly everyone - everyone - gets just treatment. Not "some people", or "most people", or "all but one person", everyone. We must adhere to this stance if we want the USA to be considered a fair and just country - even when it's not convenient.
[/QUOTE]i hear you there, but what is it that you wanna do ? Give him the same treatment as a thief, or a burglar maybe ?. Of course, everyone can have his own opinion on such a matter, but i feel no punishment is hard enough for "people" like this