Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2001, 05:59 PM   #1
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ok I had a question about making a cd for Luremaster. I tried to burn a copy for Cloudy but it says the file is too large to go on a 77mb cd. But I cant find any with more mb and I know Larry had a friend burn one, what am I screwing up? I have it (ToL) on the desktop and tried to do it from there. Do I need to send it somewhere else? Thanks in advance for any help!
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 07:52 PM   #2
loriluvsxs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey Lord, I don't know what you're doing wrong, but what I had to do since I don't have cd-write and my work does was, saved it to a zip disk, took that in, copied the file to my work 'puter, then burned it from there onto a 700mb CD. The problem I ran into was it wouldn't burn directly from the zip, thus I had to put it onto the hard drive and go from there. Good luck!!
Lori
loriluvsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:34 PM   #3
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I have it on CD, a friend downloaded and burned it for me...he said it was an exe file while I was talking to him...If you want I can burn copies for ya. I have it installed and am playing it now. Seems to be working great.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 07-14-2001).]
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 09:15 PM   #4
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

HOWTrials.exe is a 71.2 MB exe file, taking up 74,753,577 bytes. This file should fit on a 640MB (normal) or 700 MB (80 Minute) CD with plenty of room to spare. Even the 80mm CDR's hold 150MB, so there shouldn't be any reason that a blank CDR wouldn't hold a 72MB file. What program are you using to create the CD? Post some particulars and we'll try and help.

"The Luremaster is toast!!!"

------------------

DawnChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 03:43 AM   #5
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

I suppose if you're not using a CDRW, there's a chance that the "read-only" properties of the file will need to be changed to "archive" if you copy the file from the CD rom to your HD before execution?
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 08:00 AM   #6
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Nope...I just copied and pasted from the Burned CD to the Black Isle/Icewind Dale folder...the exe file still has "read only" in it's properties. No troubles for me.
Perhaps the properties need to be changed in order to "burn" the CD?
I have run into that problem before with some programs.
------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 07-16-2001).]
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 03:11 PM   #7
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I got it to work, not sure what I was doing wrong. Anyway thanks for all your input, you guys are great
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote