Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2002, 11:09 AM   #1
IceTrooper
Welcomed New User

I am having trouble with Bandoth in Dorn's Deep. I found the Razorvine extract and went straight to the room to go to the lower levels but was told to talk to Bandoth first. However, Bandoth will not talk to me about the Razorvine extract now. How do I get him to take it? Or do I need to just start the game over? Is this a bug?
IceTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 12:16 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Do you have the most recent patch for the game? I remember hearing alot about this same thing from others before.

I'll try digging up old threads and see if the answer is more than just needing to download the patch.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:59 PM   #3
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Welcome to IronWorks, Icetrooper! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

The Bandoth quest is quite buggy -- in the unpatched version of the game youhave to speak with Bandoth before finding the razorvine extract to avoid the bug of not having the dialogue thread come up later. I'm not sure how well the subsequent patches really resolved the issue.

However, it is not worth restarting anything for this rather minor quest. You lose some experience points and that's all. Any information Bandoth would give you can easily find without him and so you do not need to complete this subquest to move ahead with the game.
Old 08-06-2002, 03:04 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The only things you lose of any REAL consequence are the four SUMMON ELEMENTAL spells that only Bandoth sells. Cyril is right about the xp however; it's minimal.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote