Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 12:30 AM   #1
LennonCook
Jack Burton

The story thus far: Merlins Palace has been returned to the air, and within a short time of it being there, another clan began planning an attack on it. Soon the battle began, the HADB were upon us!!
The battle is taking place only in the very center of the Palace, and the HADB seriously out numbered the OOM, until most of them left. It now appears to be Neb and The Fallen One, Galadria, versus Me. A call for assistance has been sent out by the Order of Merlin, but it appears that noone will help defend us against the Hamlet and Dough Boy clan.
In an attempt to make it more fun, overpowered spells have been banned.
I am outnumbered 2 to 1, will help come ?? Will more assailants from the HADB come ?? Will Larry reapear and take a side ??

The gates to the Palace have been reopened and unlocked, the silver ring of Merlin which grants full control over the palace has been used in a manouver by my character, and its power is all but depleted. At this point, all characters will be fully healed, and the battle will effectively start again with the new rules in place- all are welcome to join when they wish, just try to make it so that you enter the Palace, and dont just suddenly appear and start attacking.
Also, anyone who has a Sig (and the 3 of us currently in the battle do), please disable it before you post- apparently they slow page loading times.
Now let the Battle ... erm... CONTINUE!!

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: LennonCook ]

Old 01-26-2002, 12:40 AM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:

In an attempt to make it more fun, overpowered spells have been banned, as have psionics.

OOC>> Excuse me, Sook, but AFAIK the class Neb roleplays is psionic. It's a little unfair for you to ban psionics when that is his character's form of attack. If you don't understand psionics maybe Neb could briefly explain the spells he uses so you can defend yourself better but I don't think you can just dictate what class he plays [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2002, 12:51 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Ok, I will remove that bit from the post. Anything else in there that would make it unfair or anything ?? I want to try to avoid that sort of thing.

Edited because I forgot to turn my sig off...

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: LennonCook ]

Old 01-26-2002, 01:00 AM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
OOC>> Nope, looking good [img]smile.gif[/img] . Now I'll just sit back and watch you get slaughtered [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2002, 04:46 AM   #5
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

OOC>Geez, you guys HAVE been busy haven't you

IC>Regin that has been hiding in one of the bedrooms in the castle, makes his way towards the centre of the castle..
He sees Elleshar desperately trying to ward himself from the powers of Neb and Galadria..
He decides to make it a little bit more fun..
He turns into a greater earth elemental, and runs down the steps, with the intent of smacking the s*** out of Elleshar..
When he arrives, Elleshar hasn't noticed him because he's too busy battling Neb and Gal, he strikes a blow on Ellesahr's head with tremendous power...

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]

Old 01-26-2002, 05:02 AM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

(OOC: Psionics are simple, they're mental powers, fuelled by my character's mind's energy, needs no gestures or words to be activated, just concentration, the downside, however, is that psionics CAN fail when they're used, and they CAN backfire and most of them CAN be resisted, I refuse to stop using psionics since they're my character's main skill, he's got magic as well but he uses that less.)

Neb looks at Elleshar and his brow knits in concentration, various small stones and pieces of rubble lift themselves off of the ground and launch themselves at the leader of the OOM, a few of them never move anywhere and the sorcerer/psionic is forced to dodge a few of the projectiles that have gone boomerang on him and have headed in his own direction.

Not waiting to see what the effects of his attack is Neb runs towards Elleshar, quarterstaff +3 raised to attack and..... Dissapears.

(OOC: My character has Time Shifted, he will reappear in 3 minutes RP-time, but he will have had three minutes to walk around while time is stopped for him as well, so he'll reappear halfway through a leap that sends him towards Elleshar and ends with him smacking the leader of the OOM over the head with his quarterstaff, hard to dodge since my character has been able to place himself, almost like a Time Stop.)
Old 01-26-2002, 05:56 AM   #7
J'aran
Mephistopheles

The Half-Orc Bard, completely armless after Galadria's 'first aid', picks himself up from the floor after having been unconscious for some time.
After taking in his surroundings and deciding that the severing of his arms from his body is only a minor fleshwound, he runs towards Regin and starts kicking his shins.

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: J'aran ]

Old 01-26-2002, 06:33 AM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Elleshar quickly casts improved invisibility followed by equipping a ring of Non Detection. Running to the other side of the room, he draws a Staff of Earth+2 from one of the treasure holds in the throne room. He strikes the Earth Elemental a few times, the last hit causing it to shatter. He then outs the Staff Back away, he draws his LongBow (fires phantom arrows. +2 to hit and damage, 25% chance of stunning the target on hitting it). He fires at Sir Regin, and then at the now visible in mid air Neb. He then fires several chromatic orbs at the fallen one Gladria, and another few at the other fallen one Sir Regin. He then throws a healing salve to J'aran to fix his arm, and runs to another side of the circular throne room. He than aims his Bow straight at Sir Regin's back, and fires before again running to another the other side of the room, and casting protection from dizziness.
Old 01-26-2002, 06:34 AM   #9
Legolas
Jack Burton

OOC: This may be useful info for your order, if you're so bothered by Psionicists:

Psionics and Magic
Psionics and magic use completely different forces. Psionics uses internal energy, while magic taps into extraplanar power. Both arts can produce similar effects, but they do so in very different ways. For this reason, psionics and magic don’t ordinarily mix. Magical spells, for instance, can’t be used to detect or dispel psionic activity, unless otherwise stated. Likewise, psionic powers can’t detect magic that simulates psionic abilities. Lastly, if a psionicist uses a psychokinetic, psychometabolic, psychoportive, or telepathic power against a magical illusion, he automatically gets a saving throw vs. spell to disbelieve it. Specific spells, as listed below, intermix with psionics in the following ways.

Antimagic shell: This spell blocks the effects of psionic powers.
Detect charm: This spell detects telepathic control, such as domination.
Detect invisibility: This spell allows the caster to see clearly psionic invisibility, astral travelers, shadowform, and ethereal creatures. It doesn’t work against characters in other dimensions.
Detect magic: This spell has no effect on psionics.
Detect scrying: This spell will detect psionic scrying, though psionicists get a save vs. spell to avoid detection.
ESP: If this spell is used against psionicists, they get a save vs. spell with a +2 bonus to negate the effects.
False vision: This spell works against psionics, though psionicists get a save vs. spell to negate effects.
Forbiddance: This spell effectively blocks all teleportation and metabolic powers.
Free action: This spell overcomes all psychokinetic effects against the subject’s body, as well as domination.
Globe of invulnerability/minor globe of invulnerability: These spells have no effect on psionics.
Magic jar: Psionicists use their combined Wisdom and Constitution scores when determining the differential modifier.
Mind blank: Psionicists get a save vs. spell to overcome this enchantment.
Misdirection: This spell has no effect on psionics.
Mislead: A psionic attack reveals this spell, but the first attack automatically fails.
Nondetection: This spell works normally against psionics.
Otiluke’s resilient sphere: Psionics can’t penetrate this spell’s protection.
Protection from evil/protection from evil, 10-foot radius: These spells provide +2 bonuses to MACs.
Spell immunity: This spell has no effect on psionics.
Trap the soul: Psionicists trapped by this spell can’t use any psionic powers.

But don't go pounding Neb with these spells just because they work and he's a psyonic. Keep it reasonable, okay?

And Lennon, try not to do too much in one post to give the others a chance, okay?

EDIT: This a better colour?

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Legolas ]

Old 01-26-2002, 06:38 AM   #10
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
He then throws a healing salve to J'aran to fix his arm,

J'aran manages to catch the salve in his mouth, but then stands about a bit, looking rather sheepish with the small box between his teeth. He desparately tries to think of a way of applying it without hands... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT: Argh, Legolas, that font color and that paricular background color aren't meant to go together if you ask me.

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: J'aran ]

Closed Thread