Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2003, 06:58 AM   #11
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I crush puny chosens of mystra under my great dragon claw!!

I don't mean it personal hé ...
Old 05-06-2003, 07:24 AM   #12
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

The demons used to target the PC with their nasty abilities, ignoring summons blindly (hence the Wizard Eye you need to lead summons thus you stand out of his sight)

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]

OK, Annatar, lets do it.. I get a mage, name him Elminster (or was he a bard?), raise him all through SoA and ToB. You dig out the CLUA code for a green dragon. Right before the final ToB battle I CLUA him in and lil Cespenar will behold the greatest battle ever:

Elmnister - Time Stop
Elminster - IA
Elminster - Spell Trigger (3xLR)
Elminster - GM
Elminster - NxFoD
Elminster - NxFlame Arrow
Elminster - (whatever else)
Elminster - ADHw till the time stop ends.

Thats all guy, if my comp withstands all the animation (it uses to crash&hang after 5-6 ADHWs from a timestop) I will send you some green dragon stew for you not to feel so sad [img]smile.gif[/img]

ADD] BTW, where are emerald dragons from? Book, game? Only remember Ruby dragons back in M&M VIII (stupid avatars they got there).

[ 05-06-2003, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: TaSSaDaR ]
Old 05-06-2003, 07:32 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Tassadar of course... being a fellow Sorcerer fanatic. I note that you have been posting actively recently again. Welcome back. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 07:33 AM   #14
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

OK, Annatar, peace brother.. will keep the flame burning on my side of the monitor [img]smile.gif[/img]

ADD]Thanx Dundee. My free inet at work was cut with the coming of that fool - my new boss. But good relationship with our sysadmin helped me overcome the difficulty [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-06-2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: TaSSaDaR ]
Old 05-06-2003, 11:05 AM   #15
Annatar
Mephistopheles

It would only be fair if you have the same stats as elminster has, something like this.

Quote:
Quoting from a previous post of mine

From the AD&D FR 'Heroes Lorebook'
Elminster

Human male 29th level mage; one of the chosen of Mystra

AC: 6 (3 w/ring)
Move: 12
Hit points: 96
THAC0: 12
No. of attacks: 1
Alignment: Chaotic good
Strength: 13
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 18
Wisdom: 18
Charisma:17
Spells: 7/7/7/7/6/6/6/6/6 ( He always uses a customized form of contingency for one of his 9th, 'Elminsters Evasion' it is really just a revised dimension door )

Weapons of proficiency: Dagger,Dart,Quarterstaff

Magical items: he always carries 'necklace of missiles','ring of protetion +3', a 'ring of regeneration' and of course his 'ever-smoking pipe*'

Spell immunities: magic missiles, ESP, fireball,Evards black tentacles, feeblemind, death spell, finger of death, power word blind, imprisonment

*Elminsters ever-smoking pipe: can produce a 'Melf's minute meteor' by simply exhaling sharply into it, dimension door up to 500lbs once per round for up to nine times per day and produce three differant pyrotechnic effects
Though you will still beat the snot of a Emerald Dragon (I lost the Monster Manual link.. anybody here that is so kind to link the stats of a Emerald Dragon?)

[ 05-06-2003, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 05-06-2003, 11:48 AM   #16
Vedran
Lord Soth

Here it goes...
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 01:38 PM   #17
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

*ahem* about the demons in the Planar Sphere....

Quoting from Chapter 13 of my Guide: "Do *NOT* go in there without at least 1 casting of Free Action memorized." Since that's not an option for you, you'll have to find some other way. Essentially, if you get Held, you're dead, even if you're protected by Stoneskin/Mirror Image/PfMW. I suggest either sending some Skeleton Warriors and/or Fire Elementals at him (Stay out of his line of sight!!!) or see if Spell Immunity: Alteration will save your ass.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:06 PM   #18
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
*ahem* about the demons in the Planar Sphere....

Quoting from Chapter 13 of my Guide: "Do *NOT* go in there without at least 1 casting of Free Action memorized." ...
I'll question that statement, as I havn't played with a Cleric type for only that many times through the Sphere and almost never encountered any problems. Hold Immunity is vastly important, yes... but I wouldn't count Free Action as one of the better ways to get it. Ring of Free Action, Shield of Harmony both trump Free Action (being items and all), and Potions of Free Action and Saves Boosting abound.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:29 PM   #19
daan
Silver Dragon

Did you happen to see any shops while your Planar sphere was crashed on that little hellhole ?
Old 05-06-2003, 02:50 PM   #20
Cannibal Monkey
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
Did you happen to see any shops while your Planar sphere was crashed on that little hellhole ?
Yes. The nice man sold me the "Stick of the Gullible"

I still haven't worked out what it does, but it must be good - it cost loads!