Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2003, 09:51 AM   #1
RoryD
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have gotten the Plague Cure for the Uthgahrt chieftain by the fort. However, when I give it to him, he offers me the spear, then the game crashes. Any ideas why?
RoryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 10:47 AM   #2
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Um what patch level are you on? Have you had any other problems in the game? How many times has this happened? How were you holding your tounge? [img]smile.gif[/img] You might want to clear out your first page of inventory. Esp. the left hand side. Also what is you weight to what you can carry ratio? As always try cleaning out the temp directory.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 11:45 AM   #3
Charlie
Lord Ao

I'd start with the patch. When you load the game try the update button, that should automatically patch you to the very latest version...1.29... I think.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 05:20 AM   #4
RoryD
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've already got the latest patch and it still happens whenever I get the spear. What happens is:
1) He says he's giving me the spear
2) The current pointer(cast spell, move, etc) get stuck on what it is and clicking doesent do anything, although I can move it.
3) The music loops round a few notes and the pointer sticks.
4) The only way to close it is CTRL+ALT+DELETE. Which makes the screen size 800x600, for some reason.

I tried the inventory and weight thing, to no avail. I guess I'll have to use the Toolset to get the spear and dreamcatcher
RoryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 01:14 PM   #5
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

You might want to check the bioware forums. There are tons of ideas over there about stuff like this. I did not see anything that pointed to this issue though.

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote