Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2003, 11:38 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I am always thinking of great new classes...I´ve got a couple of things I´d like to try out...

Some character dualwielding two desert Wind Scimitars....but I don´t really know wich character to make?

any good hints to building a dualwielding character ?

J.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 11:58 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It entirely depends on how you envision the character ...

A ranger would be the obvious choice but a dual-wielding character can also be built using a base fighter build or a multi-class ranger/fighter or ranger/rogue.

The dualwield fighter build would give you a LOT of feats in which to add the ambidexterity / two-weapon fighting and improved two-weapon fighting feats that the ranger gets for free.

On the other hand, you either lose or weaken the ranger's spell casting abilities, animal companion, and tracking abilities if you go the pure fighter or multi-class ranger.

You could even make a dual wielding DRUID!

What type of character do you want to make? Try to envision the character and his abilities and see what class or combination of classes work.

Just one favor - PLEASE no more drizzt clones! [img]smile.gif[/img] There are too many of them as it stands.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 12:14 PM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

*LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL*
Yeah you´re right about the Drizz´t thing *LOL* damn I haven´t tried that since BG2 hit the street *LOL*
I am thinking about a human...druid....dualling desert wind scimitars - what do U mean I weaken them by dualling....does that always occur when dualling?

I have a fighter (1) Cleric(5) who seems to be getting along fine....though he does seem to be hitting a lot af air... attack bonus is +11

Anyways....NOW it is time for me to start a mage....I haven´t tried those yet
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 10-28-2003, 12:21 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No, you don't always weaken the character when you dual - but you do run the risk of weakening some of a particular classes abilities when you dual them. The Ranger's animal companion is a good example. If you build a 10 ranger / 10 fighter for example, the animal companion is capped based on the 10 ranger levels and thereby weaker than it would be for a 20 ranger. The flip side is that you get extra feats for the 10 fighter levels which may compensate. It's a trade off. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:51 PM   #5
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I see...not a surprise but nothing less I didn´t really think about that

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 10-28-2003, 05:03 PM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

Try the famous Monk(4)/Fighter(16) combo dual-wielding kamas with all the dual-wielding feats.

I casually tried that combo once on a leveler module. With Ambidexterity, Two weapon fighting and Improved two weapon fighting and with plain kamas my AB was this:

Main hand: +21/+18/+15/+12/+9/+6

Off hand: +21/+18

With Flurry of Blows I got an additional attack and I think that Haste offers that too. That adds up to a maximum of a whopping 10 attacks per round.
I have heard though the you can get 11 attacks with this build, unfortunately I don't know the exact details.

Edit: Oh, and I believe this is a bug.

[ 10-28-2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]