Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I am dropping that shitty hosting company READYHOSTING.COM in April -- or sooner, and may use 1and1.com

for 5 bucks a month, you get 500GB of transfer, 10gb of space (currently I have 1g for 100 a year). and they have throttled ironworksgaming.com/tgeweb.com and this causes sometimes for pages to come up as page not found, so you have to reload. I HATE them.

Check this package out:
http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/Hos...op&__lf=Static

I can't find a catch either.. no banners needed. no page limits, bandwidth and space is ample...

Anyone know if they are good and if there is a catch? [img]smile.gif[/img]

(BTW, I run ironworksforum.com here at home), the gaming site is hosted with them.. and is a reason I haven't done much with it.. because of the page drops, and I am at the wall for MB space on their harddrive. [img]smile.gif[/img] So time to renew in April, I'll change and start getting the gaming site back going full steam.

Compare that to Crappy Readyhosting.com:
http://www.readyhosting.com/readyhosting/onePlan.bml

[ 01-22-2006, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:02 AM   #2
wellard
Dracolisk

I know nothing Ziroc but is 500gb transfer enough? and if not what are the excess fees?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:36 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

it's 49cents a Gig over 500g. We pull around 90gig a month alone HERE on the forums. but I don't think we'll have any issues with 500g limit per month. Should be fine, even when we have exclusive stories or screens posted and the server gets slammed, I'm sure it would still be okay.

I play to redo the IW Gaming areas again, this time with less graphical interface, so pages load instantly, and less bandwidth to use.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
(currently I have 1g for 100 a year). and they have throttled ironworksgaming.com/tgeweb.com and this causes sometimes for pages to come up as page not found, so you have to reload. I HATE them.
Ahem!

I looked hard at 1and1 about a year ago for personal use. They passed all of my personal screenings with flying colors. At that time they had 0 negative comments posted at most online review sites.

You know the results best, traffic vs throttled speed leads to unhappy surfers. If it gets worse how hard would it be to find another?
If it gets better, then all of Chocs minions are purring!

Go for it!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:02 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
(currently I have 1g for 100 a year). and they have throttled ironworksgaming.com/tgeweb.com and this causes sometimes for pages to come up as page not found, so you have to reload. I HATE them.
Ahem!

I looked hard at 1and1 about a year ago for personal use. They passed all of my personal screenings with flying colors. At that time they had 0 negative comments posted at most online review sites.

You know the results best, traffic vs throttled speed leads to unhappy surfers. If it gets worse how hard would it be to find another?
If it gets better, then all of Chocs minions are purring!

Go for it!
[/QUOTE]I will [img]smile.gif[/img] . Yeah, I won't LET it get worse. Its one reason I just haven't updated it.. I know in my head the issues with it, and the fact I am outta HD space, so I feel restricted, and that leads to me not wanting to mess with it [img]smile.gif[/img] SO... time to get my site hosted elsewhere, and get the sucker updated like the old' days