Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2002, 02:41 PM   #21
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by kev:
Who gives a rats about a persons private life as long as they are getting the job done.
Sometimes doing nothing & holding the fort is the best way to get the job done.
Hmmm ever hear about a word..."character" or how about "conviction" or "morals" or...oh wait...by your post, it would appear that you don't care about anything but results.

Ok how about this...GWB in an effort to make the world safe from muslim terrorist extremists nukes and turns to glas the entire middle east....hey the results mean no more muslim terrorists.....so does the end justify the means or not? make up your mind quickly [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Re about doing nothig....if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

[ 12-30-2002, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 12-30-2002, 02:45 PM   #22
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Who gives a rats about a persons private life as long as they are getting the job done.
Oh, the media care. Lord, how they care. And, MagiK [img]tongue.gif[/img] , I guess Alec Baldwin & Co. are as little to be trusted on their travel plans as they are on their political views. And, Kev, there are other requirements to be President other than not having served two full terms. You have to be 35 years of age, a native-born American, and, never been caught having sex with a girl old enough to be your daughter. Okay, I made that last one up. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2002, 02:49 PM   #23
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Oh, the media care. Lord, how they care. And, MagiK [img]tongue.gif[/img] , I guess Alec Baldwin & Co. are as little to be trusted on their travel plans as they are on their political views. And, Kev, there are other requirements to be President other than not having served two full terms. You have to be 35 years of age, a native-born American, and, never been caught having sex with a girl old enough to be your daughter. Okay, I made that last one up. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Attalus I really do hate to correct you but the umm girl in question was "young enough" not "old enough" to be his daughter. Actaully I think technically she was young enough to be his grand daughter..... But hey some guys don't think age is an issue..soon as their ripe their fair game...or so they seem to think.

Old 12-30-2002, 02:50 PM   #24
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Presidential term limits (two terms) were imposed by Constitutional Amendment after FDR died early in his fourth term.

George Washington stepped down after his second term as President - and I guess that set what was to be later considered the "appropriate" amount. GW was, in the words of Chris Matthews (guy from "hardball" on MSNBC) in his latest book, is one example of one of ten American virtue/characteristics: "The Reluctant Warrior." He was the first to put down his gun after winning the Revolutionary War, and only reluctantly came back from his VA farm when called upon to be the first president. He always chided those who would stay in power too long - and felt he did NOT want to become what he was all-too-cabable of becoming: another Napoleon (i.e. war hero turned emporer).
Old 12-30-2002, 02:57 PM   #25
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

True, and I feel that Washington was our greatest President. An excellent (and short) biography of him is Founding Father by Richard Brookhiser. And, MagiK, I accept correction.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:58 PM   #26
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Polar bears,my army's arch enenmy. They will conquer earth while the Penguin army is keeping aliens at bay in the 9th demension. Really what i think is..nevermind.Seeing as I'm Christian my beliefs go staright to how it will end from what it said in the bible.(DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A RELIGOUS CONVERSATION)
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 12-30-2002, 03:00 PM   #27
Chewbacca
Zartan

Yep, Its better safe than sorry in my book when it come to looking out for the enviroment.

Its a shame that some of the leadership in my nation is more concerned with the profits of energy and logging companies than a a real effort to protect the enviroment from all the theoretical man-made distasters that loom before us. Money made today is better than a safe beautiful planet tomorrow.

I hope an asteroid takes us out before an enviromental crisis caused by technology, so we humans can expire into the annuals of extinction with dignity instead of the shame of creating our own downfall. Of course then we couldn't say "I told ya so!" to Bush and his deregulation, Pro Energy corporation cronies.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:19 PM   #28
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Yep, Its better safe than sorry in my book when it come to looking out for the enviroment.

Its a shame that some of the leadership in my nation is more concerned with the profits of energy and logging companies than a a real effort to protect the enviroment from all the theoretical man-made distasters that loom before us. Money made today is better than a safe beautiful planet tomorrow.

I hope an asteroid takes us out before an enviromental crisis caused by technology, so we humans can expire into the annuals of extinction with dignity instead of the shame of creating our own downfall. Of course then we couldn't say "I told ya so!" to Bush and his deregulation, Pro Energy corporation cronies.
Don't suppose it matters any that that evil energy is what will be used to keep old people and indigents from freezing to death even when the middle eastern suppliers withhold their oil.... We blame high oil prices for these things but the real reasson is that environmental wacko's won't let the needed resources be recovered to keep the costs low enough to help out the poor...instead they just say..ohh well steal fromt he rich..its ok, they can afford it.

Old 12-30-2002, 03:21 PM   #29
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Going back to the topic title: who were all dead? :eh:
[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 12-30-2002, 03:30 PM   #30
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

MagiK, for good or ill our government's meddlings in the middle east has resulted in at least one known thing for the US: cheaper oil than anywhere else in the world.

Some notable price comparrisons:
1. Bahams: $2.85/gallon
2. UK (doing math from pounds per liter): @ $3.50/gallon
3. Canada (which has much more national oil in reserve than US): $2.00/gallon
4. Iran (which processes the majority of the world's oil): $6.00/gallon.
5. Chicago (2 days ago, rich suburb area): $1.62/gallon
6. Kentuckiana (1 month ago - holiday gouge season): $1.32/gallon

I am always a true believer in "you should pay for what you take." And, if you look at the damage to the environment per unit of gasoline burned, and also factor in the benefit gained (in travel or production) per unit of gasoline burned, we simply pay too little for it in the states. True, I like cheap gas, too, and will stop and fill up when I notice prices are unusually low. However, it is an unfair advantage our nation has that is proped up by years of toiled negotiations with Saudis, Kuwaitis, Iranians, etc.

Not asking anyone to raise my gas bill - just stating a truth.

{Edit: further notes}
How many other commodities can you think of where the price DROPPED in the last ten years?

Even with the low costs, most of your gas bill at the pump (40-60% depending on the state) is TAX. Now, imagine how well our gov. is doing in its foreign negotiations if it can up the price that much and still have the lowest prices on earth.

[ 12-30-2002, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]