Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2003, 03:13 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Hi there. I like to use some forest etc sound for PnP game. Any site you know that I can find sound files to download? Do you use music, sound in your games? If yes which ones you prefer? Thanks
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 04:00 PM   #2
SecretMaster

Well, I really can't help you but some alarm clocks have ambient sounds like birds chirping and cricket noises at night, that works rather well.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 04:56 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

New age music tends to support that kind of vibe. Check your local music store or do an on-line search.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 04:57 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Try and see if you can find some folk music from well.. Ireland or something. They tend to have alot of singing and instruments that have the "medieval" sound.

Also check free online resources for wood sounds etc and put together your own piece on a cd.

On www.download.com you can find freeware or shareware programs for mixing music and sound together.

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 09:12 AM   #5
KaneBloodstorm
Dungeon Master

I use props and music all the time when I play D&D. If you live in the US you can try one of the nature stores in the mall. I tend to use the Braveheart soundtrack alot for mood setting music and I have several natural sounds cds for things like forest at night and the ocean and others. I got all my cds at a shop called Natural Wonders. Hope that helps [img]smile.gif[/img]
KaneBloodstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 03:35 PM   #6
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Natural Wonders ok I'll take a look thanks a lot!
By the way I found some "nice" music for PNP!

Blackmore's Night: A great band. Remember Ritchie from Deep Purple? Now he's playing folk medieval music and it's really great. All of their songs are great for listening but for PnP these tracks are really great..Imagine a poet singing in a campfire in midnight..under the moon..ok ok

A Maid Beddlam
Mond Tranz
Avalon
Clock Ticks on

For games which take place in deserts, palaces..

Marco Polo / Lorenna Mckennit

I play songs in tavern mostly. During adventuring and conversations background effects are more enjoying..and I avoid musics with lyrics. Because players give themselves to lyrics
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Old 09-04-2003, 02:12 AM   #7
Manshoon

I like the 'Chant' cd's too... especially for temples or cathedrals or anywhere peaceful where holy people gather. Just a bunch of monks chanting... really sets the mood.

I've also used various instrumental soundtracks, and the nature cds are nice too. I have a 3 cd changer with a remote that I just cycle through. cd1 - fight music, cd2 - outdoor music/sounds, cd3 - miscellaneous instrumentals. Once I put a halloween sound effect tape on 'loop' in my tape deck too for when they went into dungeons, just for humor. I almost set a tape recorder under the counter where I worked in the mall just to get that generic muffled conversation and people walking around sound for when then were in towns... but I figured that was a bit much. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2003, 07:23 AM   #8
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Chant music!What a great idea..I'll give it a try too
Old 09-04-2003, 02:08 PM   #9
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

any chant playing bands you know? I mean with which keyword should I search in kazaa? I typed "chant" and searched but results were not chant music.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:49 PM   #10
KaneBloodstorm
Dungeon Master

Try keyword Monks. I gave that a shot an got quite a few results.
KaneBloodstorm is offline   Reply With Quote