Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2003, 06:08 PM   #1
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

When duel wielding even with 3 stars in it you still have penalties. Does this mean you are best putting your weaker weapon in your off hand so that the better weapon does suffer any penalties or are you best putting the better weapon in the off hand to compensate for the penalty?.

Also (Spoiler)
I'm planning on killing drizt when I meet him. Will I get his weapons and will I loose rep?.

Thanks

Warby
Warby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:02 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

When Dual-wielding, the weapon in your off(left)hand is only swung ONCE per round, no matter how many Attacks per Round you might have. For this reason, putting a powerful offensive weapon, that's only useful because of what it does when it hits an enemy (such as the Flail of Ages or Celestial Fury) is essentially a waste of a good weapon. You'd be much better of sticking a weapon with defensive properties (such as Arbane's short sword) in your offhand.

Also, Dual-wielding does strange things with Speed Factor: The Speed Factor of each hand is calculated separately--and since your offhand always hits last, you can put your heavier weapon, with the slower speed factor, in that hand without suffering for it. (Which is kinda counter-intuitive, as it makes more sense to hold the lighter weapon in your weaker hand.)

[ADD] SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
You'll get his gear--sort of--and you will not lose Rep. [/ADD]

[ 05-01-2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 05-01-2003, 07:50 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Drizzt will not be alone he is with 3 freinds and a leppard and the leppard goes after the weakest character on your team and he eats them all up.
Have fun!!!
Old 05-01-2003, 09:46 PM   #4
Sythe
Ra

Leaperd?? Guenhwvyar is a PANTHER a black panther. A fellow Drizzt should know this Crimson.

[ 05-01-2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Sythe ]
Old 05-01-2003, 09:57 PM   #5
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

Well, now, if you want to get down and dirty about it, a black panther is nothing more than a melanistic leopard. Melanism is a genetic mutation that results in excessive pigmentation of the skin and hair/fur, and is common in big cats, especially leopards. So Guen is indeed a leopard. A black one.

Okay, I'm gonna shut up, now.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:58 AM   #6
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
Leaperd?? Guenhwvyar is a PANTHER a black panther. A fellow Drizzt should know this Crimson.
A fellow Drizzt should know another Drizzt. He's Crimsom, not Crimson. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2003, 01:08 PM   #7
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
GuenhwyVar
A Drizzt should know this... (sorry about it though [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] )

[ 05-02-2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 05-02-2003, 01:43 PM   #8
Russ
Manshoon

Can we just call the cat Jennifer or Jenny, and not worry about the weird Welsh spellings?
Old 05-02-2003, 02:33 PM   #9
Vedran
Lord Soth

Let's call him Guen. But only friends call him like that, I am not sure if we may.

And Annatar? That was a typo. We don't harrass people for typos.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 04:18 PM   #10
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
Let's call him Guen. But only friends call him like that, I am not sure if we may.

And Annatar? That was a typo. We don't harrass people for typos.
Its a she...

Ooohh wait... that was a typo right [img]tongue.gif[/img] ? j/k