Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2001, 09:32 PM   #1
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hellooooooooooooo!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

YIPPIE DIPPIE SKIPPIE BIPPIE!

I'M A TOFU EATING HIPPIE!

My hat is off to the person who mentioned that you must have something in your second hand to get kicking to work! Kudos!

Well, to test I went out and got all of my characters shields, and one a water breather just for kicks (ha ha). Bare handed, they all started kicking the crap out of everything. Sometimes they would kick twice, or punch twice or some combo. But the second attack was always noticeable, but please keep in mind they all have a Kung Fu skill of 14.

The sad part, my wonderful Elven Vampire named Zijana was not kicking. This made me really mad since she has been my hand to hand fighter through most of the game. I tried many things to figure out why she would not kick, then I figured it out.

In order to have a character kick, the following must take place:

1. Kung Fu Skill - I'm not sure how high it has to be, somebody else? And I remember someone saying second strike is unnecessary.

2. You cannot have ANY weapons of any kind whatsover on your characters body. Zijana, as it turns out had a few poison bomb potions on her. Once removed, she started kicking like the rest of her friends! Note: You can't carry arrows, throwing daggers, bombs, or anything in your three quick weapon slots.

3. You must hold something in your second hand, be it a shield, shell or something else The most logical thing is a shield for extra defence. But I must admit little Vesper the Pixie looks funny with the Dragon Shield, since it drags on the ground when he holds it.

I imagine there may be a few more details here, perhaps in regard to the level of kung fu required. I must say though, it makes hand to hand fighting almost as good as enchanted weapons! My Vampire Elf as it turns out for some reason has INCREDIBLE hand to hand skills. She usually does 20-30 with punches and 30-45 with kicks, without cloaking or having any enchantments on. The rest of her cohorts do quite a bit less, and some of them have 22-24 strength.

Well, I must say:

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY! I'M SO !#$#@#$ GLAD YOU ALL FIGURED THIS OUT, I COULD JUST !@#$@#$#!

This forum rocks, I don't think there's any riddle we all can't solve!

Now, the only question that remains is, what the hell was DWB thinking????

Y'all take it easy now.

Scronan the Happy Kicking Fool
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 09:38 PM   #2
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Sorry I didn't have the name above, but our kicking hero is "skywalker"!

Thank you so much!

You must have used the force young Jedi Knight. Yoda would be pround of you.

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 12:21 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

All hail to Skywalker, solver of the riddle!

As I've said before, mine have always kicked, but I could never figure out why. It was that I would have them wear their breathers to save inventory space. Ha!

Wonderful news. And I haven't ever seen Scronan so happy!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 07:51 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 08:15 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

Thanks Eveyone!

Though I did want to have my monk hit twice and kick once and a while, the main reason I originally posted my thoughts on the subject was for Scronan.

I had noticed that this was Scronan's most desired ability for his characters and when I noticed the off hand non-weapon connection, I wanted nothing more than help him reach the solution. It didn't make much sense, but it does work. I'm glad I was able to contribute to this board in a positive way.

Actually, I only posted what many already had figured out on their own.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote