Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 02:55 AM   #1
Spiff
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I started playing IWD again after a long break and got myself in a bit of trouble. I'm in the luremaster expansion and searching for the 5 gems to activate the portal. I managed to get 4 flawless gems, but can't seem to find either the flawed or flawless fire agate.
I know I had it in my inventory, because I remember seeing it, but it is no where to be found now. I've checked every chest and alter in the level several times with no luck. I was hoping somebody would know the item code for either the flawed or flawless fire agate gem.
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:14 PM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

Sorry, I don't know it. I tried a quick google for IWD/TotL item codes, but nothing I found (admittedly in a quick scan) had the fire agate. I don't even play with cheats enabled, and I don't have much experience with Dalekeeper.

One thing you could try is a PM to Dundee Slaytern. He only intermittently checks into this forum now, but he's pretty much the resident guru when it comes to fiddling around with the mechanics of the game. He might possibly have it.

Edit: Whoops, forgot about something. Try downloading and using Infinity Explorer; you can browse through item lists with it.

[ 08-11-2004, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Aerich ]
Old 08-11-2004, 08:44 PM   #3
Spiff
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Aerich, I also looked for the item codes and couldn't find anything. I don't have that much experience with the cheats either, I just use the hans() call to teleport my party around once I've cleared an area. I'm too impatient to wait for them to walk [img]smile.gif[/img]

I did try using dale keeper to add the flawed gem to my inventory. It seemed easy enough to use, but in the end when I tried activating the portal it would just hang at the cut scene. I'd lose control of my party and the screen would pan to be more centered on the portal and then it would just sit there. I don't know if that was related to using dale keeper or not though. Don't really see how it could be, but regardless I couldn't get past that part and had to go back to a previous save.

Should've saved more often though, now I have to start again from just after the four towers at the start of ToLM. But at least I know to be very careful with those gems this time through.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:06 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

There is no 'flawless' Fire Agate Gem. For a walkthrough in this particular part of the map, you may refer to the following link.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/icewindda...ledungeon4.php

Quote:
This is the portal that you must open in order to leave the castle's dungeon. To do so, you must place all five *flawless* gems in their associated socket (to find out how to make the gems flawless, see our Castle Dungeon 5 location). Once all gems have been placed in this order: Heaven - Star Sapphire, Earth - Diamond, Night - Moonstone, Sea - Waterstar, Day - Sunstone, the portal will activate, allowing you to travel up to area #7 on the ground floor of the castle.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:09 AM   #5
Spiff
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Right, I was missing whichever gem the flawed fire agate turns into. Wasn't sure what it was, but I only ended up with four flawless gems after collecting all 5 flawed gems. I think I might have set the flawed fire agate on an alter while I was trying to figure out the area and it was lost when a flawless gem appeared on that alter. Can't think of anything else that might have happened to it. Either way I'm just going to do the area over again. Thanks for the help though.