Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2003, 12:53 PM   #1
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

As I was sitting down and planning my future Sorcerer project, I realized, the game is HORRIBLY flawed.

Sorcerer's draw their power from their blood, usually that of Gods, dragons, etc.

When Jon Irenicus steals your Bhaalspawn essense, I realized, a PC Sorcerer's powers would go POOF! as well. No more casting spells, ever, till you got your soul back. With what makes you what you are being gone, a sorcerer would have no divine pressence to draw from to create his magic. Really now, this should be fixed somehow. It's a game breaker.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 12:57 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Chapter 4 Spoiler
~
~
~
~
Almost, but not quite. I mean... the essence of the Slayer is still within you. Like it or not, there are traces of Bhaal within the character even after his/her soul has been ripped out.

In fact, if you want to twist it around, the Sorcerer's powers should increase, because now, his/her inner Demon is fighting to dominate the character and unleash the horror within.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 01:32 PM   #3
Charlak The Axeman
The Magister

or another possible explanation is that when jon takes your power the reason why your sorcerer spells dont go is because they are from a different bloodline.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:02 PM   #4
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

You know, this might sound stupid thinking so deeply about a game, but, I have long suspected that the PC has more then just Bhaal blood in his veins, and I don't think it's just mortal blood either.

Certain conversations, bits of text, being pulled to one side or another, your destiny branching off into a thousand directions, all these little clues that something else is deeply involved in your life. But, as far as I know, the game never mentions what exactly. There are people who are born of flesh and blood in the Realms that have special powers... They are Divinely Touched. Not born of Gods, but, have special influences of Gods invested in them.

I dunno. I am probably looking far to deeply into a silly game. But damn good story line non the less.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 02:04 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well as Elminster Said:
Mortals may become Gods and Gods may become Mortals!Such is the Life in Realms...

Xen

[ 03-11-2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 02:44 PM   #6
xanderwatts
The Magister

It's not nessesseraraly (I know, spelling. Too many esses, but what can I say; I'm Yuan-Ti) just Bhaal's powers that mean a sorceror PC can cast spells. I always thought that for some it was the sheer force of their personality, which is why charisma is their prime stat.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:58 PM   #7
Sythe
Ra

Charisma their prime stat is because well you know that sorcerors devlop their powers on their own. I think its all based on self esteem. If they sorceror has a great esteem he might get spells quicker when bad its the oppsite. I have a dragon magazine that is more descriptive of this I can't find it anywhere.

You are kinda right Dundee. The slayer is one of Bhaal's traits. But Irenicus took a huge portion of it don't you think a huge chunk of your spellcasting be gone with it? Sure the inner demon is trying to dominate you isn't the inner demon the slayer? But who knows probaly Bhaal mated with a dragon in elven or human form or something and you fully received your spellcasting abilites from the dragon. A guess.

Thanks for posting this butterfingers you just told me one of the many advantages mages have over sorcerors.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:44 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
~~ Thanks for posting this butterfingers you just told me one of the many advantages mages have over sorcerors.
A non-existent game advantage alas. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for maternal powers, your mother is not exactly a Dragon. You get to see what she looks like in ToB.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:10 AM   #9
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

A sorceror's prime stat is charisma??
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Trau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 12:19 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Trau:
A sorceror's prime stat is charisma??
Supposedly, but it never got implemented in the game, making the Sorcerer one of the easiest class to roll stats for.