Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2001, 07:00 PM   #1
jonII

Sorry to repost. I figured no one would respond if they saw responses there already. Thanks go out to Xignal76 for his(?) response, but Alas! it didn't help...

THE PROBLEM:
I took the elevator up to kerah, listened to her talk... BUT I went back down before using the portal of Isis, or getting the light toy
from Kerah (or doing anything related to leprachans). Now I can't get back up. Do I have to restore, or is there something else I
can do to get the light reflected from the pedestal to the ashes on the altar? I really don't want to restore, because I saved after
coming back down, so... restoring would mean losing all I have done in the shrine till here. Please advise. Thanks.

Jon
Old 01-23-2001, 07:07 PM   #2
Gauleiter

For God's sake man, save more often

No, there is no other option; the Kerah lift bug is a WELL DOCUMENTED thing. Reload before and remember to get the damned obelisk this time
Old 01-23-2001, 07:35 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

If you're playing with the unpatched version, the patch is supposed to correct this problem. HOWEVER: there is a lateral thinking workaround, if you have determination enough to do it:

Back at Brimloch Roon, "jump" to the wall near the gate, and then climb onto the treetops. It takes a h**l of a long time, but "jump" along the southern border, checking your map as you go. When you get past the place with Talrik's treasure, start "hopping" northward. Eventually you'll come to the hidden lake where Kerah's Temple is. Hop off the trees, swim down, and you're back in Kerah's temple. (I have tried this; it does work, if you don't go insane from all the "YEEAHHHS" your people are making as they're walking along the trees...I reassured myself it was just them playing Tarzan.)

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 09:21 PM   #4
jonII

Thanks for the sage advice!! I really appreciate it. -J
Old 01-24-2001, 03:39 AM   #5
carg
The Magister

Sazerac, will the elevator work again after the tree-hopping?
If not Jon will also need a teleport spell or call of home to leave there again! (I haven't succeeded yet in climbing trees, not even with the two leperchaun chests stacked.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 08:52 AM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

If you look up and move forward you will climb the town gate, itself.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 10:15 AM   #7
carg
The Magister

... and get stuck on the overhanging edge of the Brimloch door.

If you have the vanish spell (Moon 6), you might try that to teleport to the room on top of the elevator. Since it's random you might have to try for a while.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 10:23 AM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Carg,

on mine it worked. (I had already finished the Shrine; I was just checking to see if I could do it.) When you flip the lever in the water to open the door, apparently the pillar does retract to let you back in. However, when you leave that room from the inside, it goes back into the "up" position and stays there. So you have to go back through the Shrine to get out (no big deal if you've finished it).

Personally, I get Call of Home, Create Portal, and Teleport as early as I can in the game, to avoid dilemmas such as this.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote