Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2001, 12:08 AM   #1
Scot

I have gotten stuck in the floor. Well I should say building, I was killing the magic using bone lord, or whatever he was in the cemetary and he blasted me right into the crypt wall. I killed all of the skeletons & I was able to get out of the wall by moving and jumping and just hitting movement buttons. But I was able to turn in place the entire time.
Old 01-23-2001, 12:18 AM   #2
Lily the Ranger

My party and I found ourselves waist deep in mud in the halls of toad village . . . I was trying to get past the "stuck" toad in the tunnel filled with water. Trying to use athletics/jumping as I felt there was enough head room to go over him . . . my world did some weird sort of blip and I was waist deep in the floor with nothing to do but reload. This was one of my second and last time of starting the game over . . . because I didn't think I could advance any more.
Old 01-23-2001, 07:39 AM   #3
GrimReaper

Anybody else ever get stuck in the floor? I was walking up a ramp, got attacked by Serpent Priests and Temple Vipers, and suddenly, I sank into the floor. Everything was above me and I was looking up the dress of some Serpent Priest! Yew!!!!

Once I killed all the nasty monster, I was stuck in the floor up to the waist. Couldn't move at all. Couldn't jump or anything. Forced to reload. Glad I was saving frequently.

QUESTION: I have read that you can start a role ascension, go join the applicable guild associated with that new role, then cancel the role ascension. It is my understanding that all you lose is your money paid to role ascend. Can you still advance normally in the new guild? Can you still go back later and choose that same role ascension? I think you can, but is there any drawbacks later in the game for doing this? Are you limited in any way in the guild ranks?

I really need a magic dagger from the warrior's guild, but am not ready to role ascend and join yet. (I started a new game, just couldn't resist the temptation to fix the mistakes I had already made)

Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-23-2001, 08:20 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Reaper,

Never heard of the floorsink before - maybe someone else has though. Yes, you can do a quest, join a guild and cancel the quest for only the penalty of the money involved. That is how you get everyone as a member of all guilds, and get them to level 7 in all those guilds (eventually). Yes, you can go back and re-select that same role ascension at a later date (providing you didn't complete it. Even as a member of the guild though, you will be restricted by your character class as to what you can equip (ie Priests like no sharp edges etc).
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 11:46 AM   #5
maxpower

I had a similair thing in the crypt when I was fighting the crypt lord, i was there hacking away and all of a sudden i was looking at hes feet. I was up to my neck in dirt, but all I had to do was move the mouse up as if to jump and hit the forward key and I got out ok. I had started training in athletics so maybe this would have helped ..??

As far as the guilds go I have found no bad effects from joining guilds and then canceling, if just done the serpent temple and have two characters in all 5 guilds and the rest are in 4 guilds all bar my preist is only in two so far but as soon as he can role assend then I'll hook him up in more guilds.
Old 01-23-2001, 03:28 PM   #6
carg
The Magister

Another reason to get the teleport spells from mooncraft quickly: they'll get you out.
One possibility that MIGHT work: save the game (in another slot!), set graphics to software mode, quit the game, start it again and restore. The game appears to handle walls and floors a little bit better in software mode. Perhaps even saving and restoring alone suffices; I've noticed sometimes that when I restored I was initially too low, but then I rose up to floor level.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote