Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2004, 09:50 AM   #1
breadbin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried to play ID2 twice before and both times I never cleared, either through lack of interest or again it got too hard and I struggled and lost patience with it. I want to play it again and would like to hear some suggestions about the most interesting way to play. I like soloing these series of games but it might be too hard? Any suggestions would be great.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:41 AM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Welcome back to IW, breadbin! Try playing a truly roleplay party where everyone does stuff for a reason. You don't learn fireball beacause it's powerfull, but because you're obsessed with flames, that sort of thing... I really can't give you any more suggestions 'cept this: Have Fun!
Old 08-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #3
breadbin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What about soloing it? Will it be too hard? I can't remember if I tried it solo before. I will have a think about a party and post it before playing.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #4
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

I tried a solo with a cleric and failed horribly after the raid on Targos...
Old 08-09-2004, 02:35 PM   #5
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

A solo cleric is a tough character to play, he is great with a companion, the same as a bard. Now, a Bard and a Cleric or a Druid can get uber real soon. I've beaten it solo twice, once in HoF, and I must say that the strongest build was a Drow Paladin8/Fighter4/Cleric1reached only 17). The other character was a Thiefling Wizard17/Ranger1/Fighter12(reached only 17/8/1), and he was real mad when casting Tenser's Transformation and usual buffs. It was hard to play with him because one little mistake in the start of a battle could get you killed in a second.

[ 08-09-2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 08-09-2004, 03:04 PM   #6
Sacred_Exile
Dungeon Master

Yes you atleast want to have a group of 3-6 dont try two unless youv,e mastered the game like try a paladin with a wizzard and maby a fighter or barbarian! Ok thanks cya around!
Sacred_Exile!
Old 08-09-2004, 03:06 PM   #7
Sacred_Exile
Dungeon Master

and bozos of bones I thought you were going to be gone for a week?
Old 08-09-2004, 03:09 PM   #8
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I'm going away in two hours...
Old 08-11-2004, 08:25 AM   #9
breadbin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I installed it anyway, that is the first step. The idea of the fell wood bit is sort of putting me off because i don't have the notes i made the last time. Jeesh. I might continue the party I had the last time. I might still have the saved games. I hope so anyway. The last time I played I started solo and as it got harder I kept adding characters. Monk, then barbarian, then Cleric and then Thief. I still found it hard though.