Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #11
thecarrotdude
Zhentarim Guard

Default Re: BG2 and Vista

Still doesn't show my BG SoA saved games for some reason. I looked online and it said that I have to go to all programs >> games >> games explorer, then click on my game, click on the arrow next to play and click on 'saved games', unfortunately there is no 'saved games' to click on for BG SoA. If anyone else has vista, can you try this and see if you can see your saved games this way? (BTW I definitely have saved games, that was an unnecessary comment)

"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler..."
- Milton Waddams

Last edited by thecarrotdude; 01-04-2008 at 05:31 PM.
thecarrotdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #12
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I too have run into the exact same issue. Shadowkeeper can find my saves, but I can't access them any other way, other than loading and saving ingame.

Stupid Vista.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:43 AM   #13
thecarrotdude
Zhentarim Guard

Dang. Maybe if I completely explain my situation someone might know something. I have a RunDll virus on my laptop. The only thing I have saved of any importance is BG SoA saved game which I have been playing for a year now (spread out every now and then, during breaks, etc.) So I am trying to reformat my laptop so I can get rid of the virus. Kyrvias said "Shadowkeeper can find my saves" how do I do that, also does any one know how to remove the virus. That would save me a load of trouble. The error comes when I turn the lap top on, the window says I cant find some file, then I press okay, then everything on the screen disappears, and only the background left, then I have to restart it, etc, till it works.

- Milton Waddams
Old 01-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #14
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Are you SURE it's a virus, and not just a corrupt file?
If it is indeed a virus, you may want to,,,,uhhh,,DL or install an AV program?!? YaThink?
It sounds as if you can get to the desktop after multiple boot attempts,,,is this so?

If you CAN get to the desktop occasionally, then you can do a search (DON'T USE INDEXING!!!!!) on the name of the savegame. It will tell you where it is.

I can save you some time, if you will listen. AS I SAID BEFORE.....Vista defaulted my BG1 saves to my Documents folder,,,in one of the 'user' folders. Try looking there.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #15
thecarrotdude
Zhentarim Guard

Crazy Re: BG2 and Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfBane View Post
If it is indeed a virus, you may want to,,,,uhhh,,DL or install an AV program?!? YaThink?
Most people usually have AV programs, so comments like the one above would be considered useless and a waste of space. Some might even wonder why you put the effort of getting on the computer and then end up posting stupid comments. Lucky for you it turns out I didn't have an AV program after all. So thanks for the advice. Please tell me what else I need on my computer because you obviously know all the contents of it.

Quote:
If you CAN get to the desktop occasionally, then you can do a search (DON'T USE INDEXING!!!!!) on the name of the savegame. It will tell you where it is.
Maybe you should try reading some of the previous posts. Wait, I'll save you the trouble: I CANT FIND THEM USING SEARCH.

Quote:
I can save you some time, if you will listen. AS I SAID BEFORE.....Vista defaulted my BG1 saves to my Documents folder,,,in one of the 'user' folders. Try looking there.
Instead of telling me to listen, again, try reading a little bit. That's probably the only way you could save me time, since I wouldn't have to type these explanations. I COULDN'T FIND THEM. Maybe you would consider being a little more specific, since it sounds like you already found them before.

- Milton Waddams

Last edited by thecarrotdude; 01-05-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #16
thecarrotdude
Zhentarim Guard

Okay I think I found them, so Kyrvias if you still cant find them go here.

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\save

- Milton Waddams
Old 02-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #17
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

May not be the smartest idea, I'm not sure, but I've always created a seperate folder just for my games, I usually put it right under C:\Games etc.
Some save files are under the user folders, but most older stuff I've found right in the games location.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #18
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Happy Laughing Re: BG2 and Vista

Quote:
VISTA is a virus thankfully it doesn't spread from machine to machine.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #19
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Well, Vista IS pretty bad, but I think calling it a Virus is a little harsh.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote