Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Ironworks Forum Building par?

Howdy, folks!
So, I should be studying for my two finals, tomorrow, but kind of wanted a break. Anyways, I'm considering playing EFU soon, and I was wondering what kind of builds everyone plays on the server.
But, most importantly, I was wondering what the par, or benchmark for characters on the server is.
Basically, what do you consider a good AB, AC, Res, SR, etc?

Feel free to post your build if you like, or just give our opinion on what makes for good stats.

Random question: does EFU allow devestating criticals? I've heard some places don't.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Default Re: Building par?

Lately I mainly run a ft/ wm or ft/ wm/r combo. AA's can really kick butt as well. As Robert the Bard for the best AA build. Pure magic user are at a big disadvantage here ( granted I have a mage who took out 1 boss solo on 15).
Old 12-17-2007, 08:49 AM   #3
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

I have all sorts of strange wm/fighter/a.n.other combos, but these and AA builds are pretty much the only way to go if you intend to solo in EFU. I have got other builds, but they tend to struggle to hit anyone once I get down to EFU levels 13+.

Partying is a whole other game, and then it's good to have some heavy-duty magic users in the party, as well as a tank, rogue etc so it depends how much you intend to play, worth having a selection of them to choose from and just for the fun of new builds.

If you do the WM route then yes, you can have dev crit, but dex build WMs do just as well, simply without the big crit values.

Unfortunately I tend to only look at AB/AC and not worry about SR/Res values but I will check a few of my more stable characters next time I am on. For AB, with gear you should be looking to finish on 65+, and AC 70+. I have one build who has AB 72, AC 92 and she does just fine (mostly), if she picks up her shield her AC goes past 100.

Avoid monk builds if you can, these end up nearly unhittable and just about unable to hit the heavy-duty bad guys down below; great for exploring but not much use for anything else.

There is an example AA build here:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...=arcane+archer
which has AB 81 when fully buffed, and AC of 87 with the right equipment. If you do a search on the efu forum with 'Arcane Archer' it will pull up all sorts of builds with AA, WM etc.

Hope all this helps.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

found one of my earlier wm combos, posted image showing stats to:
http://my.opera.com/UnglaublichVerwu...icture=6024176
this is unbuffed, but gives a good idea of what is needed, another more recent build below:
http://my.opera.com/UnglaublichVerwu...icture=6024257
And this one, not in the best gear but an example of an AA build with an average AB:
http://my.opera.com/UnglaublichVerwu...icture=6024480

Old 12-18-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

now if you could just post some translations of those names..........
Old 12-18-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Well that's easy, the first is in french and is "Only Death Remains", the second is just a foolish play on words and means "What! Tiler" (for my peasant rebel build, with his scythe) and the third of those, An Slua Sidhé means "The Fairy Host (one of)" - surely an elven AA should be one of the fairy host?

Old 12-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #7
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion

Ah, Unglaublich, those were very helpful, thank you! (And goodness, I have a hard time trying to pronounce your name!!)
I find it odd that you have a true neutral halfling champion of torm, though. Isn't there an alignment restriction for taking levels of CoT?
What do your character's stats look like without equipment? (I was going to ask what your characters look like naked, but knew someone here would be smart and make a glib comment. Yes, Ironworkers, I do know you well!) :p
Thank you, again!
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #8
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

I'll strip them down to basic weaponry and do some more screenshots in the next day or so

Old 12-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #9
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Are we going to push the PG13 border then?......
Old 12-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #10
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

no, they all wear basic codpieces, and the ones where they don't fit will have their hands in the right place(s)